Confussion

Old November 12th 05, 04:32 AM

Default Confussion.... update

Thanks to all you that replied to my post. I have since bought a Thermaltake
Volcano 12 extreme copper heatsink and 80mm fan. It instantaniously dropped
my CPU temperature over 30 degrees. I have since been able to run my system
at 200mhz fsb as an XP3200, play battlefield 2 reliably with the fan hooked
up in automatic. Although I am still playing with it. I just got it today,
and have switched from automatic fan control with the heat sensor installed
to manual fan control just to toy around with it.
I played battlefield 2 for a couple hours tonight, but the real test will
come tomorrow as I am off and hopefully will get to play BF2 for an extended
amount of time.
It is a monster, and I had to take my power supply out to get the heat sink
properly seated on the CPU, but, so far, its worth every penny of it! and
it isn't cheap About $45 USD. But compared to $300+ for and upgrade to a
2.3ghz processor and motherboard, I think it was a smart buy to climb my
system up above 2ghz.
Thanks again guys!!!!

Old November 13th 05, 04:23 AM

"Cal Vanize" wrote in message

[...]

If you use the manual adjustment, you can reduce the noise considerably.
I've found that running the Volcano 12 fan at around 3000rpm provides good
cooling and fairly quiet operation.

I've been using a Volcano 12 for a long time on a 2500 barton overclocked
to 3200. The usual CPU temp was in the mid to upper 90s Fahrenheit in an
Antec Sonata

Mine runs at 3200 at about 125-140 f 140 after a good bout of BF2
Right now I have run into stability problems once again....after upgrading
my video driver. Not sure what the issue is, it's not heat, or cpu related
cause even when I drop back to 2500 it still reboots in bf2. I rolled back
my driver, didn't help, I'm thinking clean install..... sigh MAN I HATE
doing that!!!!!