Worry free sw is royal pain - any ideas ?

Old July 18th 08, 12:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
- Bobb -

Default Worry free sw is royal pain - any ideas ?

ANY advice appreciated.Customer bought 3 of these to replace older PC's as
folks go on vacation this summer. :
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...5-3747465.html

They come with " HP network " softwa
www.hp.com/go/worryfree ,
that is totally not needed at this user's site.
I saw all of these SQL items listed in system event log ... over and over
and over and wondering " why does this box have SQL ? " , then noticed
that it's related to this HP stuff.
I tried control panel - hoping for a CONFIG or CHANGE option to turn each
off, but that's not an option. Only uninstall - which biz owner doesn't
want to do - Yet.

Is there a way to NOT have all of this SQL/HP specific stuff running on
these models ?
Is it a matter of reg hacks or is there some app at HP that can disable it
all ?
Box came with no paperwork about it - just a readme file that shows how to
USE it - not disable it. Irritating pop-ups in systray that " this isn't
configured yet" and " click here to register" , yada yada yada... When I
clicked it , it wants me to REGISTER with the domain server. The dell
server doesn't know about this HP sw. It's a small shop and no one there
would even notice if server logs errors.

The sw is designed for a domain with remote sites so admin's can monitor/
control pc remotely etc. HP icon in systray for every account and can't
turn it off ( via HP menus)
When I log on as "Admin" account, there are popups in systray for :
- Protect Tools
- Encryption manager
- Client Mgr
- Intel vPro
etc

Back to HP site/ Google - to see if any pointers.
ANY advice/ info appreciated.

Old July 18th 08, 03:22 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware
- Bobb -

Default HP Protect Tools V3.0 sw is royal pain - any ideas ?

Sorry - for his model I see name of sw package is:

" HP Protect Tools V3.0 " as shown he
http://www.hp.com/sbso/solutions/pc_...ools_index.swf