Pls advise what is wrong with my 1.44MB FDD

Old August 11th 03, 08:00 PM
K a h K e e N a n g

Default Pls advise what is wrong with my 1.44MB FDD

I am running Win XP Pro and previously, my Sony 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive is
working perfectly until recently, I wondered what or why is causing my
inability to read or assessing my FDD. There is always this message
prompting;

Disk is not formatted
The disk in drive A is not formatted.
Do you want to format it now?

Unfortunately, clicking upon formating will result in un-able to complete
format. What is wrong and pls can someone advise me what is wrong suddenly
with my FDD. I have even tried replacing all diskettes and eventually,
inserting another unit of 1.44MB disk drive but still received similar
abovementioned error. Hopefully, I hope there is someone able to suggest
easy remedy for this teething and mysterious problem ASAP. Thank you very
much.

--

=======================
This is computer generated.

Old August 12th 03, 08:28 AM
Ed

http://howto.lycos.com/lycos/series/...+23521,00.html

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 03:00:18 +0800, "K a h K e e N a n g"
wrote:

I am running Win XP Pro and previously, my Sony 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive is
working perfectly until recently, I wondered what or why is causing my
inability to read or assessing my FDD. There is always this message
prompting;

Disk is not formatted
The disk in drive A is not formatted.
Do you want to format it now?

Unfortunately, clicking upon formating will result in un-able to complete
format. What is wrong and pls can someone advise me what is wrong suddenly
with my FDD. I have even tried replacing all diskettes and eventually,
inserting another unit of 1.44MB disk drive but still received similar
abovementioned error. Hopefully, I hope there is someone able to suggest
easy remedy for this teething and mysterious problem ASAP. Thank you very
much.

--?

This is computer generated.
No signature is required.