USB Mouse Doesn't Respond (Sometimes...)

Old November 20th 04, 05:48 AM
A.U.

Default USB Mouse Doesn't Respond (Sometimes...)

I am experiencing an annoying problem with my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0.
Sometimes when I boot up the computer, the mouse is simply not
responding at all. It is listed correctly in the device manager and
Windows reports that it is working properly. The POST screen shows that
the bios detects it as well. However, once I get into Windows XP it's as
if there was no mouse connected at all. I have to unplug it and then
plug it back in to get it to function.

This has me very puzzled, as sometimes the mouse will work perfectly.
This will continue for a few days and then it cuts out again. I should
also point out that I didn't always have this problem – it seemed to
start only very recently. The only major change I've made to my system
lately has been a bios upgrade a few weeks ago. I don't think that's the
cause, though, because the bios seems to notice the mouse, as I
mentioned above. The USB ports don't seem to be at fault here. And I
haven't heard of anybody else with this motherboard/bios revision having
this problem.

Asus K8V SE Deluxe (Bios v1004)
Windows XP SP2
MS Intellipoint 5.2

Any help would be most appreciated,
Al
Old November 20th 04, 05:42 PM
Newfdog

A.U. wrote:
[...]

Hi... I had the same problem with 2 Intellimouse explorers. Scrapped
them and bought Logitech, no problems since.

Newfdog
Old November 20th 04, 09:52 PM
YanquiDawg

You could try cleaning the bottom and re-installing drivers.
My intellimouse 3.0 died after about 9 months. Sometimes would do the same as
yours,other times it would be really erratic an impossible to use. Junked it
and bought a Logitech mx510. I've only had it a couple months,but Im really
happy with it. The best part is the 8 programmable buttons. They can be set to
any key you like.

I am experiencing an annoying problem with my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0.
Sometimes when I boot up the computer, the mouse is simply not
responding at all. It is listed correctly in the device manager and
Windows reports that it is working properly. The POST screen show that

Old November 22nd 04, 05:21 AM
Clob

My intelemouse is 3 years old and still works 100%...

Try using different usb ports. Or use the adaptor

PS/2 mouse problems Fred General 2 August 12th 04 01:21 AM
Slightly OT Logitech vs Microsoft Miss Perspicacia Tick General 2 June 4th 04 05:08 AM
Problem with P/S 2 mouse port? Jean General 1 November 22nd 03 03:57 PM
Wireless Keyboards and Mice? Thomas M General 6 August 6th 03 09:41 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM