Hercules 3D Prophet Radeon 8500 128MB (pro) original BIOS

Old August 17th 04, 11:43 PM
Przemek S.

Default Hercules 3D Prophet Radeon 8500 128MB (pro) original BIOS

I own graphic card as in the title. I have flashed newest (and only
accessible) BIOS from the manufacturer website. Since that time I can't use
DVI output under the "text mode" (for example I see only the blank screen
when computer starts till WinXP mode). I tried to reflash BIOS but flashing
utility had overwritten without warning the backup file. I've lost original
BIOS. I have been searching www for it, but can't find and brobably I'm
going to give it up. Do anybody have the access to original BIOS for my card
and is able to send it to me via email?
---
-Przemek S.
-mountainbike(a)o2.pl
-GG:3500432

---

Old August 21st 04, 04:09 PM
Paul Murphy

"Przemek S." wrote in message
I own graphic card as in the title. I have flashed newest (and only
accessible) BIOS from the manufacturer website. Since that time I can't

use
DVI output under the "text mode" (for example I see only the blank screen
when computer starts till WinXP mode). I tried to reflash BIOS but

flashing
utility had overwritten without warning the backup file. I've lost

original
BIOS. I have been searching www for it, but can't find and brobably I'm
going to give it up. Do anybody have the access to original BIOS for my

card
and is able to send it to me via email?
---
-Przemek S.
-mountainbike(a)o2.pl
-GG:3500432

If you contact Hercules (and be very persistant), they should email you the
BIOS file. Be very careful to check its the right one though - I asked for a
file for my PAL 8500DV 64 MB and they've sent me one for an NTSC 8500 128MB
(presumably AIW but unsure on this last part). If you do flash the wrong
version in the card may be useless - caution is needed. FWIW the problem you
describe is common with TFT monitors on the DVI output and has something to
do with the monitor not supporting the ATI cards native resolution/refresh
rate settings (ie before the drivers kick in).

Paul