From bad to worse

Old November 14th 03, 04:53 PM
John Kingscott

Default From bad to worse

MSI G4 4200 Ti-TD drivers 52.16
Windows XP

I just cannot get 3D enabled with this card under XP. I've tried loads of
drivers... with no go. Now I cannot see the Display adaptor under device
manager - if I try and add new hardware the card is listed but when clicked
I have this error:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration
information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

wtf?

windows knows what card I have - why can I not get this thing going!!

Old November 14th 03, 05:02 PM
Me

Maybe because you have a corrupt registry.

Try the system restore feature in XP.

Old November 14th 03, 06:25 PM
Yves Leclerc

I had this also. Only thing that worked for me is a repair re-install on
top of the installed version. It rebuilt my Registry. Then, had to do all
the updates/service pack install.

Y.

Old November 14th 03, 07:19 PM

You have a damaged registry. System restore is your first option. If you
have made a system backup of some type then you can also try this. Should
that fail as well then you'll need to perform a clean install. There is a
slim chance that Norton Utilities can fix this so if you have Norton
Utilities see if this can repair the registry. If you do not have Norton
Utilities then try this free registry repair tool which fixes the first six
sections only in the trial version. I haven't used this product so I have no
idea if it works well or not. Perhaps one more option for you to try might
be an NVIDIA driver cleaning tool which is found he

http://www.3dchipset.com/utilities/n...oval/index.php

http://www.winguides.com/regmech/?ref=google_FreeTrial

regards

Old November 14th 03, 11:01 PM
garry

ON XP GO TO START THEN CLICK RUN .
IN THE RUN BOX .type REGEDIT. THEN CLICK OK.
THEN THIS WILL PUT YOU IN XP REG.? THEN YOU WILL FIND A FOLDER CALLED ....
SOFWARE .CLICK ON THIS AND YOU WILL SEE LOADS OF PROGRAMS IN WINDOWS .+
DRIVERS NOW BE CAREFULL LOOK FOR NVIDIA DRIVERS .OR ANY THING WITH THAT NAME
AT THE END OF IT . OR YOU COULD GO TO TOP OF AND CLICK ON EDIT NAD CLICK ON
FIND. THEN TYPE NVIDIA IN THE BOX THEN CLICK OK. IT WILL SCAN REG FOR THEM
FILES. ONCE IT HAS FOUND THEM DEL THEM .MAKE SURE YOU SAVED THE NEW DRIVER
BE FORE YOU DEL THE LOT. AFTER THAT REBOOT AND INSTALL THE NEW THAT SHOULD
SORT IT OUT .

Old November 15th 03, 12:25 AM
Robert Pendell

Yo, dude. Cut it on the caps already. There was no need for that at all.
Besides, this question was already answered about 3 or 4 times with
perfectly valid answers. Your answer however won't fix a corrupted
registry.

--
Robert Pendell

Old December 31st 03, 02:42 PM
Alien

Well i recently had the same problem and I had to re-install the XP Pro. The
problem occured when i tried to unistall the nVidia Display Drivers! I
wanted to put my MSI GF4 custom Drivers and thought that it would be better
if I unistall the "old" drivers first. But I unistalled the wrong driver!! I
had to unistall the nVidia WinXP/2K Display Drivers instead of nVidia
Display Driver!!! Why WinXP recongnize 2 display drivers? I know that these
are from the chipset drivers but why add/remove programs shows it
separately?? Anyway, i dont have a problem now, just wanted to know.
My solution was to run the bootable WinXP Pro cd and choose the repair
function.

Philip.