MSI K7T266 Pro-R Raid BIOS Problem

Old January 12th 04, 05:37 PM
Adrian

Default MSI K7T266 Pro-R Raid BIOS Problem

Hi
I have a MSI K7T266 Pro-R Mainboard (MS-6380 vers. 1.0) with a onboard
Promise Fasttrack raid controller.
I connected a new HD (Samsung SpinPoint 160 GB) to the raid controller and
created a single drive array.
The raid controller detects the HD only as a 130 000 000 000 Byte (127 GB)
HD.
So I flashed the newest BIOS from the MSI homepage (version 1.9) which
should fix this problem.
After the BIOS flash I deleted the single disk array and recreated it. But
the HD is still not supported with the full 160 GB.
How can I get the HD to work?
I tried the MSI support but they are VERY slow.
Thanks for your help and best regards from Switzerland
Adrian

Old January 13th 04, 06:18 AM
Noozer

Well, drives are working fine.

Time to contact Promise or MSI.

Old January 13th 04, 07:17 AM
Adrian

On the Promise homepage it says I should contact the mainboard manufacturer
if I'm using a OEM product.
So I contacted MSI a few days ago by mail but still don't have an anwser.
I tryed to phone the tech support in Germany but up to now i never got
through to a supporter.
I once managed to get in to the queue but got lost the connection after 20
mins of waiting..
I guess I'll just have to keep trying.....
Thx anyway
Adrian