TV Tuner Card

Old December 28th 03, 06:15 AM
jeremy

There was just a discussion on tv tuner cards on slashdot a couple days
ago, this reminds me I wanted to go back to it when there were more
comments

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/...7/205257.shtml

the discussion will tend to be a bit more linux-oriented but even if you
never have plans of running linux, if linux support is available more
likely windows drivers will still be available years down the road. Or
whatever OS is hot 10 years from now.

~Jeremy
Please remove your windows partition when replying by email
Old December 28th 03, 07:27 PM
NONE

Default TV Tuner Card

I went to newegg.com and saw a tv tuner card there that I was
interested in. Unfortunately they were sold out. I had that page
saved and I had signed up to be informed when it came in and was
available for purchase. I did not write down any information about
this tv tuner card. I had it saved in my favorites and all of a
sudden when I go to that page it is blank. Does this mean they no
longer sell it?

The features I was most interested in for this particular card was:
Turn pc on and off by remote control
FM Tuner
16 Channel Preview

Does anyone know of another tv tuner card(PCI, NOT USB) that can do
the same?
Old December 29th 03, 06:15 AM

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:27:17 GMT, NONE wrote:

I went to newegg.com and saw a tv tuner card there that I was
interested in. Unfortunately they were sold out. I had that page
saved and I had signed up to be informed when it came in and was
available for purchase. I did not write down any information about
this tv tuner card. I had it saved in my favorites and all of a
sudden when I go to that page it is blank. Does this mean they no
longer sell it?

The features I was most interested in for this particular card was:
Turn pc on and off by remote control
FM Tuner
16 Channel Preview

Does anyone know of another tv tuner card(PCI, NOT USB) that can do
the same?

Well my old Pinancle card had those features except maybe the turn the
PC off feature. However there are remote programs that you can assign
functions to keys for the pinnacle remote so maybe its possible,

A lot of cards have remotes , FM tuners and the ability to cover your
PC screen with a wall of mini screens of as many channels that will
fit,

Old December 30th 03, 12:22 AM
NONE

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:01:19 -0500, "Louie" wrote:

ATI TV Wonder Pro, maybe?
http://mirror.ati.com/products/tvwon.../features.html

HTH

This TV Tuner card does not support FM, and does not allow you to turn
you computer on and off via remote. Thanks anyways though.
Old December 30th 03, 12:24 AM
NONE

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:27:17 GMT, NONE wrote:

I went to newegg.com and saw a tv tuner card there that I was
interested in. Unfortunately they were sold out. I had that page
saved and I had signed up to be informed when it came in and was
available for purchase. I did not write down any information about
this tv tuner card. I had it saved in my favorites and all of a
sudden when I go to that page it is blank. Does this mean they no
longer sell it?

The features I was most interested in for this particular card was:
Turn pc on and off by remote control
FM Tuner
16 Channel Preview

Does anyone know of another tv tuner card(PCI, NOT USB) that can do
the same?

I have found the card. You can find it at this url:
http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-tvtunercard.asp

It is hard to find to purchase however. I did find it on ebay and it
is on its way now. The reviews that I found for it were exceptionally
well, so I feel comfortable purchasing this remote.
Old December 30th 03, 12:57 PM
Den

"NONE" wrote in message ...

I have found the card. You can find it at this url:
http://www.pcchipsusa.com/prod-tvtunercard.asp

It is hard to find to purchase however. I did find it on ebay and it
is on its way now. The reviews that I found for it were exceptionally
well, so I feel comfortable purchasing this remote.

Glad you found it, is their a part number on this product as
I wish to check out the TV card here in the UK.

Den

Old December 31st 03, 03:43 PM
NONE

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:57:57 -0000, "Den"
wrote:

Glad you found it, is their a part number on this product as
I wish to check out the TV card here in the UK.

Den

Ok, I found the mfg part number. It is:

A-TVTuner-PCI-A

Old January 2nd 04, 03:16 AM
Den

wrote:

Glad you found it, is their a part number on this product as
I wish to check out the TV card here in the UK.

Den

Ok, I found the mfg part number. It is:

A-TVTuner-PCI-A

No luck even though PCchips MB's are available the TV tuner card
is not, though a very similar product is available from;
http://www.kobian.com/products.php?categoryid=50

Old January 4th 04, 04:34 PM
NONE

It is available from www.ajump.com
I found it there recently.(after I paid more somewhere else!)

video card and tv tuner card questions John General 2 December 15th 03 01:08 PM
Major problems with new graphic card Jerry Manner General 0 October 12th 03 03:45 PM
SCSI Card error in WinXP Wayne Morgan General 0 October 9th 03 08:22 PM
TV Tuner Card SBreez General 7 September 7th 03 10:09 PM
Help with WinFast TV 2000 XP Tuner Card Joshua Klehm General 1 June 24th 03 10:52 PM