ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - NO BEEP!! not booting up

Old November 9th 04, 06:42 AM
TMgo

Default ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - NO BEEP!! not booting up

I am not getting any beep from a system that I am putting together as an
upgrade for my son's PC.

I am using an ECS 848P-A motherboard & Pent 4 - 2.4MHz upgrade - It is not
booting or 'beeping"!!!!

Iam trying to upgrade my son's system to a 2.4 GHz Intel Pentium 4 CPU, I
am upgrading the motherboard also - to an ECS 848P-A motherboard. I am using
a 300 watt power-supply and a 512 MB 3200 DDR RAM from Patriot . I have
tried with both an AGP4 and a PCI Graphics card - but I don't get any beep.

What could be wrong? How do I move ahead. I have tried different things all
with no success.

I have already built/upgraded many PCs - primarily AMD based PCs.

Thanks for any help resolving this!!!

Ted M.

Old November 9th 04, 09:13 PM
Cavebutter

I'm having the EXACT same issue. Same board, same chip, Kingston 512
DDR, and an AGP graphics card. It begins to power up, the fans,
keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc, all get power, then after one second,
its powers down. No beeps. No nothing. Please help us.

Cheers,
CB

Old November 9th 04, 09:28 PM
JAD

ECS = CMOS reset has often as needed.

"TMgo" wrote in message
[...]

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption

=---

A couple of upgrade questions GeoffC General 6 December 23rd 03 08:40 PM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 01:40 AM
Upgrade Motherboard? Buck Turgidson General 5 September 24th 03 01:52 PM
your motherboard redbuffalo003 General 0 September 21st 03 04:08 PM
Socket 7 to Socket A upgrade ? philo General 1 July 17th 03 11:41 PM