eMachine computer a good bet?

Old January 17th 05, 02:28 PM

Default eMachine computer a good bet?

Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
Pentium 3 unit

Im looking at this eMachine model

see link

http://tinyurl.com/44ulm

Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
feedback?

Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
everyone think of this emachine model?
Old January 17th 05, 05:26 PM
Fireclown

Im in market for a new PC.... having just sold my old
Pentium 3 unit

Im looking at this eMachine model -
http://tinyurl.com/44ulm

Ant one out there own this unit and have advice or
feedback? Ive always bought Dell in the past..... but what does
everyone think of this emachine model?

It is cheap in both price and construction. The question is and has
always been, does the machine's specs fit your particular needs. For
most folks, it is more than enought to view the web and print the
pictures of their kids. If you spend a lot of time in front of the
computer, do yourself a favor and match it with a high quality monitor.

Fireclown
Old January 17th 05, 05:28 PM
Joan F \(MI\)

I bought my SO an eMachine a few months ago, it was a refurb from Tiger
Direct with an AMD processor. I have been very positively impressed with
its quality. It has a lovely case, very easy access to the innards, sleek
design, lots of bang for the buck. I have also read some very good reviews
of eMachines in general, they were #2 in satisfaction with their service in
one review I read. If I were buying myself a computer right now I would
definitely be looking at eMachines.

In ,
stated

Old January 18th 05, 12:15 AM
HowdyDoody

I have had 4 GW machines, and now have two GW's and two EM's, and they all work fine. I bought the EM's for my
grandkids, and they punish them, but so far 2 years they still work fine. So if you are looking for a more or less
basic machine, then you can trust GW/EM.

Old January 18th 05, 01:10 AM

If you spend a lot of time in front of the
computer, do yourself a favor and match it with a high quality monitor.

Will do

Was thinking of a Princeton 17" lcd monitor for it
Old January 18th 05, 03:30 AM
Leer

Greetings,

I bought a Princeton 17" monitor from Costco. The graphics looked ok. My
digital pictures looked ok. However, text in Excel and Word did not look
very good at all. Also, text on web pages did not look good either.

I returned the monitor with in a week. I ended up buying an NEC monitor.

This was my experience with Princeton.

Lee

Old January 18th 05, 03:03 PM
S.Lewis

"Pam" wrote in message
Be aware tech support is a long distance number.

Good point. Also, what is the basic warranty on their systems? 1 year?
Less?

Stew

Old January 18th 05, 08:39 PM

I ended up buying an NEC monitor.

What NEC model did you buy? ANd what size?
Old February 10th 05, 06:32 AM
DanR

Be careful if you let any eMachines rebates enter into your decision. The
company is famous for reneging on rebates.