SAVING icons position : possible?

Old January 4th 04, 04:44 PM
Gollum

Default SAVING icons position : possible?

...I changed my old matrox card with a good ATI 9800 card...

Now the problem: Matrox drivers allowed to save desktop icons position so
that swithing between, for example, an 1024x768 desktop and a 800x600 one,
then reverting back to 1024x768 resolution, didn't cause alle the icons to
appear gathered in a 800x600 area, placed at the top-left corner of the
1024x768 desktop... (hope you understand!)
The icons were replaced in their original position in the bigger desktop:
thi is very useful when testing web sites appearance!!!

IS THIS POSSIBLE with ATI DRIVERS or some other add-in software not bundled
with the board?

I will be glad to offer anyone helping me, a big cup of delicious italian
coffe !!

Marco Foi (Milano, Italy)

Old January 4th 04, 05:19 PM
Inglo

On 1/4/2004 8:44 AM Gollum befouled our nation with:

..I changed my old matrox card with a good ATI 9800 card...

Now the problem: Matrox drivers allowed to save desktop icons position so
that swithing between, for example, an 1024x768 desktop and a 800x600 one,
then reverting back to 1024x768 resolution, didn't cause alle the icons to
appear gathered in a 800x600 area, placed at the top-left corner of the
1024x768 desktop... (hope you understand!)
The icons were replaced in their original position in the bigger desktop:
thi is very useful when testing web sites appearance!!!

IS THIS POSSIBLE with ATI DRIVERS or some other add-in software not bundled
with the board?

I will be glad to offer anyone helping me, a big cup of delicious italian
coffe !!

Marco Foi (Milano, Italy)

An easy install of the layout.dll from the MS NT toolkit:
http://download.com.com/3302-2347-10163500.html

--
pining for the fjords,

Steve [Inglo]
Old January 4th 04, 06:22 PM
Inglo

On 1/4/2004 10:18 AM Bilar Crais befouled our nation with:

Try Icon Restore.

It's freeware...here are some download mirrors.

http://www.simtel.net/product.downlo...s.php?id=61363

Since it's not exactly clear on how to use it after install, (no icon or
start menu directory), here's how it works. After install, arrange your
icons the way you like them. Then from the desktop, right click on "My
Computer", and left click "Save Desktop Icon Layout". You're done.
Now in the future, if for some reason your icons should be in disarray,
from the My Computer right click menu, select "Restore Desktop Icon
Layout".

Yeah, just like I said :-)
Another thing you should do is turn off Auto-Arrange or Align to Grid.
I've found that when you Restore Desktop Icon Layout and either of those
are enabled it ends up putting the shortcuts back in funny places.

--
pining for the fjords,

Steve [Inglo]
Old January 4th 04, 11:11 PM
Gollum

Thanks to everybody!

You all helped me solving this "headhake"...

...I wander why ATI doesn't include in Hydraviosion an Icon Positionig
tool......??boh?

Bye bye!

messaggio m...

Old January 5th 04, 05:12 PM
Ed Forsythe

Hi Marco,
I've been using "Icon Saver" for years and it works! Go here
http://www.iconsaver.com and give it a try.
--
Tally Ho!
Ed

writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 08:57 AM
ABIT NF7-S2: shipped with CMOS in clear position? ToolPackinMama Homebuilt PC's 9 December 14th 04 08:48 PM
Getting an Enrty-Level Position Christopher Kurtis Koeber General 3 June 20th 04 02:26 AM
Nero help needed foghat Cdr 0 May 31st 04 08:23 PM
Struggling to find position in I.T. Brennan General 5 September 18th 03 06:02 PM