intake vents on Antec Aria?

Old October 28th 04, 11:21 PM
Matt

Default intake vents on Antec Aria?

I was looking at Newegg's pictures of the Antec Aria:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...129-146&depa=1
It has a nice big 120mm exhaust fan in the back, and it comes with a
slot fan, but the intakes on the sides look pretty small. Are there
intakes that aren't shown in the pictures? Maybe there are some behind
the front panel?

What kind of case temperatures do you get?
Old October 29th 04, 12:13 AM
kony

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 22:21:26 GMT, Matt
wrote:

I was looking at Newegg's pictures of the Antec Aria:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...129-146&depa=1
It has a nice big 120mm exhaust fan in the back, and it comes with a
slot fan, but the intakes on the sides look pretty small. Are there
intakes that aren't shown in the pictures? Maybe there are some behind
the front panel?

What kind of case temperatures do you get?

It looks like those two vertical slits on the front next to
the silver area, are intakes. Behind the plastic bezel is
the metal case frame that has a lot of perforations, holes
scattered about.
Old October 29th 04, 12:43 AM
Fitz

I just built a budget system in an Aria case. Consisted of:
Biostar M7NCG motherboard w/AMD 2800 +(retail, using provide heatsink/fan)
512 MB Cosair XMS PC 2700
LiteOn CD/DVD RW

I did install the PCI slot fan

It's quiet (would be more so without the add-on fan) and system temps well
within specs. It hasn't exceeded 40 C yet (hasn't run for long periods of
time - just installing programs). Using all on-board stuff, including
video...no add on cards. Seems to work great.

Fitz

Old October 29th 04, 02:29 AM
kony

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:43:55 -0800, "Fitz"
wrote:

I just built a budget system in an Aria case. Consisted of:
Biostar M7NCG motherboard w/AMD 2800 +(retail, using provide heatsink/fan)
512 MB Cosair XMS PC 2700
LiteOn CD/DVD RW

I did install the PCI slot fan

It's quiet (would be more so without the add-on fan) and system temps well
within specs. It hasn't exceeded 40 C yet (hasn't run for long periods of
time - just installing programs). Using all on-board stuff, including
video...no add on cards. Seems to work great.

We may have a different definition of quiet, I wouldn't
consider the AMD retail 'sink to be quiet.
Old October 29th 04, 04:16 AM
Fitz

The case does a good job of muting the majority of noise....even has rubber
washers for hard drive mounting to reduce vibration. But you are
correct...quiet is probably relative. My system is running 4 more fans than
the Aria, including a top exhaust 80mm- by comparison, the Aria is silent.

Fitz

Old October 29th 04, 04:52 AM
David Maynard

Fitz wrote:

The case does a good job of muting the majority of noise....even has rubber
washers for hard drive mounting to reduce vibration. But you are
correct...quiet is probably relative. My system is running 4 more fans than
the Aria, including a top exhaust 80mm- by comparison, the Aria is silent.

I can do you one better. I just had my hands in a quiet desktop system
with, like you mentioned, rubber hard drive mounts and a nice low RPM 120MM
case fan PLUS, even the case fan was rubber mounted!

It was an old Compaq 486. LOL

Fitz

Old October 30th 04, 11:04 AM
Matt

wrote:

I was looking at Newegg's pictures of the Antec Aria:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...129-146&depa=1
It has a nice big 120mm exhaust fan in the back, and it comes with a
slot fan, but the intakes on the sides look pretty small. Are there
intakes that aren't shown in the pictures? Maybe there are some behind
the front panel?

What kind of case temperatures do you get?

It looks like those two vertical slits on the front next to
the silver area, are intakes. Behind the plastic bezel is
the metal case frame that has a lot of perforations, holes
scattered about.

Thanks. I didn't notice those. Also the side view seems to reveal that
there is room for air to flow in between the floor and the bottom edge
of the bezel.