Athlon XP3200+ at 333Mhz?

Old July 14th 05, 09:16 PM
Steve Kovack Sr.

Default Athlon XP3200+ at 333Mhz?

Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

Steve
Old July 14th 05, 10:46 PM
Augustus

"Steve Kovack Sr." wrote in message
Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

AFAIK there's no such thing as a XP3200+ with a 166FSB (333). They're all
200FSB(400). There was a 166 and 200FSB version of the XP3000+ and I think
that's what they're getting mixed up.

Old July 14th 05, 10:54 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.

Old July 15th 05, 05:06 AM
guesswhat

I love my 3200+ Athlon (400Mhz!!!). Until I go 64-bit, I at least have
the fastest 32-bit produced. And it *is* fast, there's life in my 32-bit
PC for a while yet.

And I love my 2500+ Mobile running @ 2.3Ghz and 400MhzFSB. =o)

Old July 18th 05, 06:12 PM
Cuzman

Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

" I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "

It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
pulled.

Old July 18th 05, 06:50 PM
Eric Parker

"Cuzman" wrote in message
Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

" I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "

It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
pulled.

Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these.
I asked them about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly

Old July 18th 05, 09:47 PM
Cuzman

Eric Parker wrote:

" Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these. I asked them
about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz. "

After AMD announced that the Athlon XP was being discontinued, the
retail stocks soon dried up. It would appear now that AMD have dug much
of their old stock out from the warehouses, as the retail channels are
now flooded with certain models again.

You'll find that the 333FSB 3200+ has the fastest clock of any Athlon XP
at 2333MHz, but how they benchmark against the 2200MHz 400FSB 3200+ I
really don't know. http://tinyurl.com/3p4uo