ATA 133 on P4S8X

Old January 8th 04, 04:09 AM
Paul

Default ATA 133 on P4S8X

In article , George Orwell
wrote:

I am trying to find out if the ATA 133 connector on the P4S8X can be
used for a regular IDE hardrive without any RAID configuration. Can
the SATA hardrives on the SATA connectors be used as regular hardrives
without RAID as well?

Any information is appreciated.

Lumberjacker modded BIOS give the ability to change some Promise chips
between IDE only and RAID operation. While I thought you could do that
with the 20376, I don't see any options on the Lumberjacker webpage
for the P4S8X:

http://lumberjacker.kettenfett.com/D...downloads.html (leads to...)
http://www.anycities.com/user/mainboards/asus/asus.html

I think the controller on the P4S8X is the same as the P4PE, and this
thread describes the process of getting one drive to work. Since the
chip is RAID Lite, and the single drive is considered an "array",
I'm not at all certain if you could have two or three separate drives
off this controller. (The P4PE has a Lumberjacker "Full RAID" offered,
which means you can have more than one array on that board ? I wonder
why the same isn't offered for the P4S8X ?)

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...t.newsfeed.com

This thread also has some positive news. Maybe you won't need any
hacks.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...0a%40phx.gb l

Paul