How do I fix a Service Controler Manager File Error (Category 7000) - file not found

Old February 6th 04, 02:58 PM
M. B.

Default How do I fix a Service Controler Manager File Error (Category 7000) - file not found

I am running Windows XP Pro SP1 with the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard.
Although I have only ONE hard drive (Maxtor 120 Gig), I am running it in
RAID (SATA) mode via a Promise FastTrak 378 built-in controller (driver
1.0.1.37), which is built-in to my motherboard. I've had this system now
for 9 months without any problems.

However, lately I have been tracking my "Management | Event Viewer | System
Log" and it seems that when I startup the computer, I always have 2 Errors
logged. Both of them have the following entry:
--------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/6/2004
Time: 5:56:23 AM
User: N/A
Computer: VIOLIN1
The Promise RAID message server service failed to start due to the following
error:

-----------
When I go to the link that is given here, I get this information from
Microsoft:
-------------
Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 7000
Source: Service Control Manager
Version: 5.0
Symbolic Name: EVENT_SERVICE_START_FAILED
Message: The %1 service failed to start due to the following error:
%2.

Explanation
Service Control Manager (SCM) could not start the specified service,
probably because the service is not configured correctly.

User Action
Do one or all of the following:

a.. Review the error information displayed in the message.
b.. Verify that the service password has not expired.
c.. Verify that the service is in the correct location.
d.. Verify that the service is not infected with a virus.
e.. To display the WIN32_EXIT_CODE error that SCM encountered when
trying to start the program, at the command prompt, type
sc query service name
The information displayed can help you troubleshoot possible causes
for the error.
If the WIN32_EXIT_CODE is zero, then SCM did not attempt to start the
service because the error was detected first.

Version: 5.2
[...]

So, my questions are WHAT exactly is missing? A file? If yes, what
is the name of it?
Is it RAID related or is it that the RAID Controller cannot find it?

I don't get any errors or prompts when my Windows XP boots up, but I
guess something is missing somewhere.

Your help/comments are appreciated.

--
To reply via email to this message, please delete REMOVETHESPAM from
the beginning of the email address.

Mustek 1200 III EP undetectable in any image program Raymond A. Chamberlin Scanners 18 January 10th 05 09:52 AM
writing cd`s biggmark Cdr 7 December 31st 04 09:57 AM
Nero and dvd-r failure Blair Wilson Cdr 1 February 5th 04 08:23 AM
Can't get CD Burner to Burn Nottoman General 2 December 22nd 03 06:47 PM
Help! - The dreaded buffer underrun XPG Cdr 5 August 31st 03 06:27 PM