temp goes up as paste settles in????

Old December 9th 03, 08:35 PM
Bitsbucket

Default temp goes up as paste settles in????

Everytime I change my CPU cooler it is coolest at the initial startup. As
time goes by, the "normal" temp increases by 2 to 5 degrees C. Do I not have
enough thermal grease? I'm using Artic Silver II and I lapped the heatsink
to a mirror finish, literally you could see yourself in it as good as a
mirror. Right now I'm using an Antec cooler rated to 3200+ (which is what I
am running my Barton 2500+ at) I had a Golbal Win solid copper with a fan
that would run you out of the room! It was an old design with heatsink
blades that look like they were cut with a freakin hacksaw. The Antec has
very thin blades for better thermal transfer to the surrounding air. and the
diode temp is at 45 to 47 at idle, and running Seti it runs about 50 to 51 C
but as it settles in it will climb to a few degrees higher than it is
now.....what's up with that?
Thanks
Bitsbucket

---

reinstalling thermal paste ? Bill Schaible Overclocking AMD Processors 8 February 27th 05 11:45 PM
Why all the concern over heat? jakesnake66 Overclocking AMD Processors 24 November 6th 04 02:14 AM
A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony General 6 October 18th 04 05:38 AM
temp? Toshi1873 Homebuilt PC's 1 April 9th 04 11:18 PM
Confused over AMD PR rating Overclocking AMD Processors 2 January 28th 04 02:18 AM