new overclocked scores

Old June 3rd 04, 11:54 PM
Robert

Default new overclocked scores

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880262

here is my lowly score of 8815, only a 200 point gain from 166fsb. I did
this taking ozone's advice and locking the agp to 66mhz. and I set my
settings to aggressive. I did do a second bench with timings at "optimum"
with no difference in score. I could set my voltages up to 1.65 as I think
they are at 1.60 for XP2600 specs. I will try that, but first I'm going to
do some vid recording and editing and see if I have the same problems as the
first time I tried this. I did do a burn in cycle using sisandra's new 2004
version of its bench test and said my system was stable. But with only a 200
pt gain, I can't help feeling like I'm "spinning my wheels"
My idle temps are to be 45celcius, whether my load temps are higher I will
try to find out. The only reason I tried this again is because I do have a
thermalright copper heat sink bolted to my motherboard. I will continue
testing to see if I can't get that score a little higher

Old June 4th 04, 01:44 AM
Robert

My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and testing,
there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11, now
having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post. I
did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on there
tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and asus
get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

Old June 4th 04, 02:30 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

that would likely be because your processor is not your bottleneck.. its
your vid card.

you didnt mention which one you have

- NuTs

Old June 4th 04, 04:52 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"Robert" wrote in message
My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and

testing,
there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,

now
having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not

post.
did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on

there
tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be

leaving
my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and

asus
get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

Ah, NuTCrAcKeR, did you follow that link?
He has an ATI (AIW) 9600, I'm guessing a 8X
It also lists his OS as ME?
The word, it's the 30th, Microsoft will no longer be supporting 95, 98
98se (ME) or Nt4.
NT5/2000 yes,. 2000 Pro is what I'll probably use with my Asus PC-DL
Deluxe MB
I'm sure WinXP would be good too.
Also thinking about going Linux 9 for servers & workstations.
They have tech support for it, and some nice package deals, if I could go
with another OS for my server though, that would be nice too.
Also thinking about going Linux 9.0 for the home user as well.
Why linux? lots of reasons, one is it's more stable.
I can get AVG 6 Free Edition for Linux.
And there's lots of support for linux out there, you just have to find
it.

XP, going to be at least a few years before they stop supporting this one I
think.
Denny. :-)

Old June 4th 04, 05:14 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.

but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

; )

- NuTs

Old June 4th 04, 05:40 AM
Amir Facade

"Robert" wrote in message
My stock voltages were 1.65, After increasing the volt to 1.70 and

testing,
there was no differece in the benchmark. I did set the multiplier at 11,

now
having the same settings for a barton 3200, but the system would not post.

did do a vid test and this time there was no "stretching" of my vids. PC
MODDER overclocking a thorobred 2600 could only get 300pt increase on

there
tests while most other processors gained 900 to 1500 points.(2700 + 2800
gained 500). With no appreciative gains from overclocking, I'll be leaving
my computer at stock. I may overclock the vid card again after ati and

asus
get back to me about the problem reports I submitted.

What drivers are you using for your 9600.
I'm running Omega drivers on my 9500 and similar CPU on an NF7.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7880818

Old June 4th 04, 07:43 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"NuTCrAcKeR" wrote in message
news
I followed the link later and saw what it was then. I was feeling lazy and
didnt feel like making the extra effor to click the link.

but.. he still didnt "mention it" in his posts, now did he ?

No, I don't think he did.

Denny. :-)

; )

Old June 4th 04, 07:50 AM
Dennis E Strausser Jr

"Amir Facade" wrote in message

"Robert" wrote in message
[...]

a little hard to make out, but the higher numbers are yours.
SMash.

Nvidia GeForce FX5200..

Feel bad about it, I don't play enough video games that it really matters.
Score would be better, but my poor MSI MB don't have AGP 8X support.
Denny. :-)

3DMark Score
(3D marks) 5141

14496

Game 1 - Car Chase - Low Detail
(FPS) 82.1

202.1

Game 1 - Car Chase - High Detail
(FPS) 36.9

71.1

Game 2 - Dragothic - Low Detail
(FPS) 83.6

276.4

Game 2 - Dragothic - High Detail
(FPS) 34.8

143.3

Game 3 - Lobby - Low Detail
(FPS) 82.5

186.1

Game 3 - Lobby - High Detail
(FPS) 42.7

82.6

Game 4 - Nature
(FPS) 18.6

95.5

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing)
(MTexels/s) 353.8

1563.0

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing)
(MTexels/s) 870.5

2190.9

High Polygon Count (1 light)
(MTriangels/s) 33.1

68.9

High Polygon Count (8 lights)
(MTriangels/s) 6.1

13.9

Environment Bump Mapping
(FPS) 80.2

213.3

DOT3 Bump Mapping
(FPS) 44.6

192.0

Vertex Shader
(FPS) 43.8

181.2

Pixel Shader
(FPS) 51.2

265.3

Advanced Pixel Shader
(FPS) 30.6

170.9

Point Sprite Speed
(MSprites/s) 9.3

35.0

Old June 4th 04, 10:23 AM
Robert

I use ATI 4.3 Catalyst. Is your card made by Omega? and do you have raid
and dual channel memory? The 9600 is an 8x AGP.

Old June 4th 04, 10:27 AM
Robert

This could be true, but my next upgrades in spring/summer of 2005 will be a
barton 3200 followed by a 9800pro AIW or hopefully a 9800XT AIW if ati makes
it, and its cheap enough. This way I can see just what hardware adds what to
these benchmark scores