Ratings

Old June 3rd 05, 08:22 AM
Hakam Chadhar.

Default Ratings

Which compny for Hard Drives is best...............

Old June 3rd 05, 09:19 AM
Joep

"Hakam Chadhar." wrote in message
oups.com...
Which compny for Hard Drives is best...............

Yes

Old June 3rd 05, 02:47 PM
Jesse Joe

Hakam Chadhar. wrote:
Which compny for Hard Drives is best...............

Please look for the thread, Western Digital Harddrives are Garbage, in
this group, before asking any more on this topic.

htpfw (Hope This Prevented a Flame War)

Asbestos Pantsedly,
jjoe
Old June 4th 05, 03:17 PM
larry moe 'n curly

Fry's Electronics, OfficeMax, Office Depot, Staples, or Best Buy
because of their 100% money back guarantees (I don't know about Circuit
City's policy, which recently changed), unlike CompUSA, which charges
15% on opened packages (sometimes whether they were really opened or
not). Fry's is often the cheapest, after rebate, but either Staples or
OfficeMax occasionally offer a drive for a really low prices without a
rebate.

Seagates offer the longest standard warranties, 5 years for internal
desktop drives, and they're about the quietest, and their hottest chips
don't seem to get as hot as those in some other brands (I don't know
about Western Digitals because their chips are on the inner side of
the circuit board).

Old June 4th 05, 07:09 PM
Rod Speed

oups.com...

Bull****, samsung are much quieter.

Old June 7th 05, 04:21 AM
larry moe 'n curly

Rod Speed wrote:
larry moe 'n curly wrote in message
oups.com...

Fry's is often the cheapest, after rebate,

Seagates offer the longest standard warranties, 5 years
for internal desktop drives, and they're about the quietest,

Bull****, samsung are much quieter.

I've read that, but they're not available locally, at least not for the
usual $50 for a 120GB model. How much more do Samsungs cost?

Old June 7th 05, 05:04 AM
Rod Speed

Rod Speed wrote:
larry moe 'n curly wrote in message
oups.com...

Fry's is often the cheapest, after rebate,

Seagates offer the longest standard warranties, 5 years
for internal desktop drives, and they're about the quietest,

Bull****, samsung are much quieter.

I've read that, but they're not available locally, at least not for the
usual $50 for a 120GB model. How much more do Samsungs cost?

Dont cost any more than Seagates usually.

Yes, one downside with samsungs is that they
are harder to find operations selling them.

And they dont have the largest sizes currently either,
current max is in theory 250G but I can only currently
find the 200G drives. Seagate has a 400G but its pretty
lousy value in $/GB and they have had the 250G available
for quite a bit longer than Samsung has.