Fister has left the building

Old May 12th 04, 07:58 PM
Yousuf Khan

Default Fister has left the building

With apologies to "Frasier". :-)

Mike Fister, Intel's server boss, has accepted the CEO position at Cadence.
Fister was Mr. Itanium for most of his last few years.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15871

Yousuf Khan

--
Humans: contact me at ykhan at rogers dot com
Spambots: just reply to this email address ;-)

Old May 14th 04, 03:06 AM
daytripper

On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:58:01 GMT, "Yousuf Khan"
wrote:

With apologies to "Frasier". :-)

Mike Fister, Intel's server boss, has accepted the CEO position at Cadence.
Fister was Mr. Itanium for most of his last few years.

He was more like "Mr Enterprise Server", my hardware Veep has had extensive
and fruitful dealings with Mike over the last few years in support of a
multitude of ia32 platforms and the issues we find in Intel Si along the way
towards making them work in fault tolerant applications.

I suspect our brass will miss Mike (well - we *do* use Cadence tools
extensively - maybe he can get our yearly nut cut down a bit ;-) but
fortunately we are equally familiar with and are on good terms with his
replacement...

/daytripper (OBcsi: All Intel ees take note: "It's the determinism, stupid.")