how to tweak Intel CA810 mobo

Old April 4th 04, 02:10 PM
Franky Waters

Default how to tweak Intel CA810 mobo

Hello,
I want to tweak my PC with an Intel CA810 mobo with a Celon processor.
Therefore I already flashed the BIOS to the "newest" version; P12.It
is now operating at 400 Mhz, but it should easily work at 500 Mhz, by
speed up the "system bus frequency" from 66 Mhz to 75 Mhrz and to
raise the voltage from 2.0 V to 2.2 V.
It looks to me that adjusting these items in the BIOS is not possible
at all.
Has someone experience with this and tell me how I can I can tweak
this MOBO?

Old April 4th 04, 05:49 PM
Guess Who

Almost NO Intel boards are capable of overclocking. 2 of the "enthusiast"
boards I have recently owned had slight overclocking features, called
"burn-in mode" so as to hide the fact you can overclock, but only by a small
amount.

None of the older boards, as far as I know, can be overclocked.

Old May 11th 04, 03:44 PM
jaster

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 15:10:58 +0200, Franky Waters while doing time wrote:

Hello,
I want to tweak my PC with an Intel CA810 mobo with a Celon processor.
Therefore I already flashed the BIOS to the "newest" version; P12.It
is now operating at 400 Mhz, but it should easily work at 500 Mhz, by
speed up the "system bus frequency" from 66 Mhz to 75 Mhrz and to
raise the voltage from 2.0 V to 2.2 V.
It looks to me that adjusting these items in the BIOS is not possible
at all.
Has someone experience with this and tell me how I can I can tweak
this MOBO?

No way to tweak the bus frequency or any other overclocking options on the
CA810 series. But you can stick a PIII up 1 Ghz in that board without a
problem. I think the original CA810 might be limited to 833 Mhz but the
CA810E series go to 1 Ghz the board recognizes the new cpu and adjusts the
bus frequency automatically.

Check the cpu configurations at the Intel site.