Yikes! Dishonest employee at Dell??

Old May 30th 04, 02:15 PM
Acadia

Default Yikes! Dishonest employee at Dell??

http://makeashorterlink.com/?G6D011F68

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Old May 30th 04, 03:47 PM
joe_tide

Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have been
an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of laptops
a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.

Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to put
your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.

Old May 30th 04, 04:45 PM
Robert R Kircher, Jr.

"joe_tide" wrote in message
Amazing that many people think "rip-off" right away when it could have

been
an honest mistake. I guess a subject like "Dell repairs thousand of

laptops
a year and made a mistake with one" wouldn't be an eye catcher.

Of course that's not to say someone wanted to steal some memory, but to

put
your job at risk for a small gain like that doesn't seem prudent.

Have to agree here.

The repair techs have such easy access to parts I doubt they'd have to steal
anything let alone deliberately hide it by swapping a customers part.

I'm sure that if this even happened the chip was simply a known good dimm
used for testing/trouble shooting that was accidentally left in the system.
No more no less.

--

Rob
Q: "What did the redneck say right before he died?"

Old May 30th 04, 06:25 PM
Tom Scales

Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).

Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.

Tom

Old May 30th 04, 07:33 PM
Bob Pownall

Tom Scales wrote:
Seems like an honest mistake to me. I can't imagine anyone stealing a 256mb
dimm (and buying their own 128mb dimm to replace it).

Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was intentional.

Tom

I think the appropriate comment is:

"Never attribute to malice what may be equally well explained by
incompetence."

No idea who said that originally; I've seen it attributed to everyone
from the British WwII prime minister Winston Churchill to the American
science fiction author Robert Heinlein. (As well as numerous variations
on the same theme.) I've always liked the quote, though.

Bob Pownall
Old May 30th 04, 08:30 PM
Pat Blank

"Tom Scales" wrote in
:

Only in the US would people jump straight to believing it was
intentional.

I know its all cool to be anti-US, but don't you think you are being
awful forgiving to the rest of the world? I mean, "only in the US"?

--
pat - pat(underscore)blank(at)hotmail(dot)com
Old May 30th 04, 09:25 PM
Kevin M

Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
"Pat Blank" wrote in message
. ..
"Tom Scales" wrote in
:

Old May 30th 04, 09:28 PM
Tom Scales

Hey, I'm a patriotic American, but how else can you explain the number of
lawyers per capita that we have.

"Pat Blank" wrote in message
. ..
"Tom Scales" wrote in
:

Old May 30th 04, 09:28 PM
joe_tide

It has nothing to do with Dell actually. Try to grasp the concept.

"Kevin M" wrote in message
Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
"Pat Blank" wrote in message
. ..
"Tom Scales" wrote in
:

Old May 30th 04, 09:28 PM
Tom Scales

You honestly believe someone would risk their job by stealing a DIMM?
Please.

Tom
"Kevin M" wrote in message
Of course, the common Dell heads go onto Dell defense mode.
"Pat Blank" wrote in message
. ..
"Tom Scales" wrote in
: