Is my comp out of date?

Old April 25th 04, 05:26 AM
Jeff

Default Is my comp out of date?

Is my comp out of date?

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

Old April 25th 04, 06:11 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

Yes. i am amazed you can even get on the net to post with that
configuration.

Give it to me and buy a new one for yourself. I will even pay for shipping.

NuTs

et...

Old April 25th 04, 07:06 AM
OverKlocker

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 04:26:48 GMT, "Jeff"
wrote:

Is my comp out of date?

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

a computer is only obsolete when it doesn't do what you want it to do.
tech wise... i have a casio watch that will do more than that
machine... LOL (just kidding)
Old April 25th 04, 08:29 AM
Dorph

Is my comp out of date?

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

The Mx440 are by far the weakest link - replace
it and you are good to go for some time again.

Old April 25th 04, 12:08 PM
Spajky

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:11:50 -0500, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:

Yes. i am amazed you can even get on the net to post with that
configuration.

Give it to me and buy a new one for yourself. I will even pay for shipping.

ROTFL ...

--
Regards, SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Old April 25th 04, 01:11 PM
Kai Robinson

"Jeff" wrote in message
et...
Is my comp out of date?

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

New motherboard that supports DDR would be a leap forward - as would
replacing that POS GF4MX for something like a GeForce FX 5900

SDRAM is slow and old.

Old April 25th 04, 01:33 PM
AMD Man

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

Drill a 1" hole in the side of the case and put it in the garden to let the
Blue Tits nest in it...;-)

Old April 25th 04, 02:46 PM
MheAd

"Jeff" skrev i meddelandet
et...
Is my comp out of date?

heres what i got:
intel p4 2.0 gigahurtz processor
1GB SD RAM
128MB DDR Nvidia GF4 Mx440 SE
Soyo P4IS2 Mobo
60 GB Western Digital HD 7200 rpms
CD RW 48*16*48
DVD RW/ROM 48*4*48

Your comp is totally fine, except for the graphic card that is.
In gaming world - there is no use of mx440 card. In fact, there never was
:-)).
Your CPU is enough. But it's crying for a faster graph. card.
Buy yourself a Radeon 9600XT or Gforce 5700 Ultra or (even better) 5900
non-Ultra, and you will be just fine.