Call of Duty weapon display problem

Old November 4th 03, 05:24 PM
Cappy

wrote in message
ATI Radeon 7200 32 meg AIW card.
1.3 ghz P4.
384 megs RDRAM.

I saw an earlier thread about the Call of Duty game, and the general
opinion on that was to go back to Catalyst 3.7. I did that, and no
effect. (I was running 3.8)

I'm getting like really big spiky textures sticking out of the
weapons, so much so that you can't even see where you're going. It
screws up the entire deal. I mean big spikes, artifacts, whatever. I
can load a game, and the first time, it'll play fine. When I die, and
hit continue, it reloads and the video is screwed again. It's
impossible to play it's so bad. I thought it may have had something to
do with a particular quicksave, so I tried loading earlier saves. Same
thing. Plays fine the first time, then after dying, upon reload, the
video is messed up. This card has ran MOH, SOF2. Halo, and all that
good **** with no problems. Now this. Any thoughts?

candeh

I posted earlier too. my problem is the computer freezes! Control-Alt-Del
does nothing, escape does nothing, F1 does nothing, I must reset the
computer. I too can play all of the other games including the first COD
demo. I am running 3.7 Cats on a ATI 9700 Pro, I also have 1GB of memory so
I don't think I am running out of memory. I just got done trying to play it
in safe mode and it lasted about 6 minutes before the screen locks and I
must reset the computer. I will hold off on buying this game until I learn
more about what's going on. HALO on the other hand looks like a neat buy
but I have heard that there is no co-op play. I play games with my kids on
a home LAN and we love co-op.
Cappy