"An operation failed due to a certification failure" in Windows Media Player ver. 9

Old September 3rd 03, 07:21 PM
howardf

Default "An operation failed due to a certification failure" in Windows Media Player ver. 9

It seems that since I started using Windows Media Player version 9,
that when I try to play certain mpeg movie clips, I get the following
message:

"An operation failed due to a certification failure"

Is Microsoft engaged in some sort of "Copy Protection"?

If so, what is the best work-around?

TIA TIA TIA
Old September 3rd 03, 08:16 PM
Dave

"howardf" wrote in message
news
It seems that since I started using Windows Media Player version 9,
that when I try to play certain mpeg movie clips, I get the following
message:

"An operation failed due to a certification failure"

Certifiable, it is...

Is Microsoft engaged in some sort of "Copy Protection"?

Yep, sure are. Only the beginning. Perhaps we'll even see the day when a
system message pops up that says "XXX has been deducted automatically from
your credit account for the privilege of viewing this copyrighted material"
(oopsie, you opened TWO video windows? This is getting expensive...) or
"Your purchased subsription licensed for the viewing of multimedia has
expired, please go to www.microsoft.com/ante_up_suckah to renew" or maybe
even "Your privileges have been denied due to lack of authorization or
funds, Windows will shut down in 10 seconds, please call 1-900-M$0-WNZU to
reactivate your Windows user status".

If so, what is the best work-around?

Using Media Player Classic? Finding a hacked copy of WMP minus the DRM?
Voting against the bucksuckers who implemented this crap in the first place,
by ballot or by dollar, however possible?

TIA TIA TIA

Old September 4th 03, 12:01 PM
Mike Bernstein

Use another mpeg movie player.

"howardf" wrote in message
news
It seems that since I started using Windows Media Player version 9,
that when I try to play certain mpeg movie clips, I get the following
message:

"An operation failed due to a certification failure"

Is Microsoft engaged in some sort of "Copy Protection"?

If so, what is the best work-around?

TIA TIA TIA

Re : System failed DDA Teast Jaz Asus Motherboards 0 September 16th 04 02:09 PM
System failed DDA Test Jaz Asus Motherboards 2 September 13th 04 09:51 AM
A7N8X-E System Failed VGA test ATi Radeon 8500 64mb Technical I.T. Ltd Asus Motherboards 4 April 28th 04 12:59 AM
RAID Repair failed Disk GTS General 4 March 13th 04 05:37 AM
Two failed P4C800-Deluxe's in six weeks Joe Campbell Asus Motherboards 9 January 24th 04 09:13 PM