HP P1505 paper pickup problem.

Old April 2nd 17, 07:08 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

Default HP P1505 paper pickup problem.

All of a sudden, our trusty P1505N has started picking up 2 or 3
sheets each time. I'm familiar (from years back) with the paper
separator pad issue on HP 5L lasers, but haven't started a physical
inspection on the 1505. Any pointers?
Old April 2nd 17, 11:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

pedro wrote:
All of a sudden, our trusty P1505N has started picking up 2 or 3
sheets each time. I'm familiar (from years back) with the paper
separator pad issue on HP 5L lasers, but haven't started a physical
inspection on the 1505. Any pointers?

All printers can suffer from this, especially laser printers. The 5L was not
the only one by any means, they just failed earlier than most others.
This printer allows the easy replacement of the pick up roller and separation
pad,
see http://www.lbrty.com/tech/Manuals_HP/P1500sm.pdf for the service manual.
Pages 16 to 21.
You will need to order the parts.
As a general guide whenever the separation pad is replaced it is sound practice
to replace the pick up roller. The reverse is also true.
The pick up roller will fail to feed properly when it wears, but feeding too
many sheets is always the separation pad.
Good luck
Tony

Old April 5th 17, 10:46 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

On Sun, 02 Apr 2017 17:38:04 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

pedro wrote:
[...]

Thanks Tony. I'll follow that up.

Now if only the 5L (/6L?) separation pads would fit - I have a stack
of those kits sitting here that I can't even give away.
Old April 5th 17, 08:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

dot nz wrote:

pedro wrote:
[...]

Sorry they are very different. The later printers have improved pads and in
many cases easier to replace.
Tony

Old April 10th 17, 11:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

On Wed, 05 Apr 2017 14:54:16 -0500, Tony lizandtony at orcon dot net
dot nz wrote:

Now if only the 5L (/6L?) separation pads would fit - I have a stack
of those kits sitting here that I can't even give away.

Sorry they are very different.

To be expected :-(

The later printers have improved pads and in
many cases easier to replace.

That much I gathered from the manual pages you kindly directed me to.
So much easier to "tip it up and unscrew the pad assembly" than to
completely disembowel a 5L.
Old April 27th 17, 12:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
pedro[_3_]

HP officially list the sep pad as NLA. No biggie, I cleaned it up
with a few wipes of IPA and it seems to have cured the problem (for
now).
Old April 27th 17, 03:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_4_]

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 19:27:33 +0800, pedro wrote:

HP officially list the sep pad as NLA. No biggie, I cleaned it up with
a few wipes of IPA and it seems to have cured the problem (for now).

HP might, but there are plenty of supplier, including China (via eBay)
Old April 28th 17, 05:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

pedro wrote:
HP officially list the sep pad as NLA. No biggie, I cleaned it up
with a few wipes of IPA and it seems to have cured the problem (for
now).

Yes Isopropyl alcohol is a good temporary fix. Another poster has said they are
available on eBay from China. I suspect that means they will be cheap, perhaps
invest in a couple of them including the pickup roller as well.
Good luck
Tony

Old April 28th 17, 07:53 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bob Eager[_4_]

On Thu, 27 Apr 2017 23:48:21 -0500, Tony wrote:

pedro wrote:
HP officially list the sep pad as NLA. No biggie, I cleaned it up with
a few wipes of IPA and it seems to have cured the problem (for now).

Yes Isopropyl alcohol is a good temporary fix. Another poster has said
they are available on eBay from China. I suspect that means they will be
cheap, perhaps invest in a couple of them including the pickup roller as
well.

I was that poster; I have bought good quality spares for LaserJet 4
machines from eBay/China.

Yes, quite cheap - and definitely worth it.