Name of plug in US

Old April 30th 11, 04:29 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Man-wai Chang

Default Name of plug in US

http://rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/...8/Default.aspx
2 minutes on google

BTW, it's being sold in Australia... not USA.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
Old April 30th 11, 05:24 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Jamie

Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/...8/Default.aspx

2 minutes on google

PAL??? Belling Lee?

IEC 169-2

Jamie

Old April 30th 11, 05:36 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Antonio Vernucci

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

That connector is extremely common in Italy. Its name is "9.5mm TV plug", see
http://www.xy-cabling.com/products/9...ck-602551.html

Adapters to F connectors are also very common, see
http://phaetonelectronic.en.made-in-...Connector.html

Regards

Antonio Vernucci,
Rome Italy

Old April 30th 11, 06:23 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Stephen[_2_]

PAL refers to the type of analogueTV standard rather than he type of
connector

There are at least three analogue TV broadcast systems, PAL, (Phase
Alternate Line), NTSC (National Television Standards Committee) and SECAM (a
variant of PAL where the audio and colour is carried in a different way)

Belling Lee is a connector standard, nothing to do with PAL so its a mistake
on the website.

"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message
http://rfshop.com.au/Store/tabid/63/...8/Default.aspx
2 minutes on google

PAL??? Belling Lee?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38.4
^ ^ 23:41:01 up 6 days 3:42 1 user load average: 1.02 1.07 1.07
???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ????? (CSSA):

Old April 30th 11, 06:24 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Stephen[_2_]

"Chris S." wrote in message

"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message
We may both be wrong..
They look like RCA But they are in fact imports used on Antenna
Connections to Signal Amplifiers.

It's the TV antennae cable plug being used in Hong Kong, which was ruled
by UK before 1997. It's not RCA, the pin is shorter.

I wanna know the TECHNICAL name of that plug design.

Isn't it just a push-on non threaded F Connector?

Chris

No its not as it won't physically fit.

Stephen

Old April 30th 11, 06:33 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Bob F

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:39:47 +0800, Man-wai Chang
wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

Belling-Lee connector or IEC 169-2 connector
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug

What's the name of the plugs in USA?
It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

Belling-Lee connetors are not used in the USA. We use F connectors
and RCA connectors for TV RF:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector
However, not all the F connector plugs are threaded as in "quick
connect" or "push on" connectors that simply slide over the threads.

Adapters are available:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/belling...s-2-pack-18356

Thanks. I've got a dual tuner card from a thrift shop that has those connectors,
so you've just helped me out too.

Old April 30th 11, 07:39 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
[email protected]

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 04:55:34 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
wrote:

On Apr 30, 6:39*am, Man-wai Chang wrote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...White/dp/B003S...

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

--
* *@~@ * Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
* / v \ *Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) *Linux 2.6.38.4
* *^ ^ * 19:36:01 up 5 days 23:37 1 user load average: 1.09 1.05 1.05
???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ???! ????? (CSSA):http://www.swd.gov.hk/tc/index/site_...sub_addressesa

RG6 or RG59. Mostly RG6 now for cable and satellite receivers.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-12-RG-...i_sku=11600133

RG6 and RG59 are CABLE designations, not a plug designation.

PlainBill
Old April 30th 11, 07:42 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Shaun

"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.38.4
^ ^ 19:36:01 up 5 days 23:37 1 user load average: 1.09 1.05 1.05

Hello,

The F - connector is for Cable TV to plug into. There are usually other
jacks as well. Composite video and left & right audio jacks that are RCA.
Some TVs have an S-video jack which is a 4 pin connector that gives better
picture quality over composite video. Newer TVs will have Component video
jacks which are 3 video jacks all RCA, this is better that composite or
S-Video and even newer TVs with have an HDMI or DVI connector on them.
Using Component video cables for your picture will be better but less
convienent that HDMI.

Hope this help.

Shaun

Old April 30th 11, 07:58 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

So you want this to go on the antenna connector of a USA television?

Yes, F-connectors, but the name for oe without threads that goes on
quickly and holds on by spring tension, I don't know if I ever knew.

They sell adapters to go from threads to smooth at Ace Hardware for a
really good price, plus I guess they would have to name them on the
bubble pack. Hey I still have some bubble packs.

Video adapter Push-on. Converts screw-on "F" type plug to push-on.

Adaptador para video
A presion

Only 99 cents a piece. Much cheaper than other brick stores, and
almost as cheap as mail order. Plus Ace Hardware has more hardware
than HD and Lowes.

So it's a push-on F-conector!
Old April 30th 11, 08:00 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
mm

wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Co...163450&sr=8-10

What's the name of the plugs in USA?

It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.

So you want this to go on the antenna connector of a USA television?

That is, if the answer to this question is Yes.

The url you give does have a center pin that is thicker than a US tv
will accept. But you brought up TVs so I'm figuring you provided the
wrong picture.

Another plug Graham Cluer Webcams 8 December 28th 06 11:39 AM
X30 plug ffred Dell Computers 0 September 12th 05 11:50 PM
Plug more than one fan? Nicolas Poirier General 9 January 13th 05 08:03 PM
Plug more than one fan? Nicolas Poirier Homebuilt PC's 7 January 5th 05 11:48 PM
Plug n Play Curt Homebuilt PC's 1 August 24th 03 09:04 PM