need some help with an older intel mobo

Old April 25th 11, 09:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matthew[_4_]

Default need some help with an older intel mobo

I'm having some issues with a virus so I decided to wipe my HD and reinstall
from scratch. I have a older system running a Intel D865GBF motherboard with
onboard video audio and lan. I downloaded the drivers from intel's site
(http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...oard+D86 5GBF)
and installed the chipset without any problems but when I try to install the
audio, LAN & video drivers they all three say files are missing and they can
not install. I have downloaded the drivers 3 times now (making sure to check
that I am using WinXP-Pro) but I still can not get them to install. Does
anyone have any ideas where my problems may lie or what I can do to resolve
them?

Thanks

Old April 25th 11, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matthew[_4_]

Default Never mind

"Matthew" wrote in message
I'm having some issues with a virus so I decided to wipe my HD and
reinstall from scratch. I have a older system running a Intel D865GBF
motherboard with onboard video audio and lan. I downloaded the drivers
from intel's site
(http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...oard+D86 5GBF)
and installed the chipset without any problems but when I try to install
the audio, LAN & video drivers they all three say files are missing and
they can not install. I have downloaded the drivers 3 times now (making
sure to check that I am using WinXP-Pro) but I still can not get them to
install. Does anyone have any ideas where my problems may lie or what I
can do to resolve them?

Sorry... it did not occur to me to try a different flash drive until after I
posted this... all is well.

Old April 28th 11, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

On Apr 26, 4:12*am, "Matthew" wrote:

Sorry... it did not occur to me to try a different flash drive until after I
posted this... all is well.

Why would a different flash drive solve your problem of missing
drivers?

RL
Old April 28th 11, 03:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mike Easter

RayLopez99 wrote:
"Matthew"

Sorry... it did not occur to me to try a different flash drive until after I
posted this... all is well.

Why would a different flash drive solve your problem of missing
drivers?

I read/interpreted the threads as his using - trying to use - a
defective flash drive to transport (or provide/store) the drivers he
downloaded to the system where he wanted them.

--
Mike Easter
Old May 6th 11, 09:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Matthew[_4_]

"Mike Easter" wrote in message
RayLopez99 wrote:
"Matthew"

Sorry... it did not occur to me to try a different flash drive until
after I posted this... all is well.

Why would a different flash drive solve your problem of missing drivers?

I read/interpreted the threads as his using - trying to use - a defective
flash drive to transport (or provide/store) the drivers he downloaded to
the system where he wanted them.

That was indeed the case... I could download them and save them to the flash
drive but when I tried to install them on the new computer the motherboard
couldn't find them... and, being a little slow witted, it did not occur to
me that the flash drive could be the culprit until after I posted my problem
on here.

OT wanted: older mobo's philo[_2_] General 1 September 22nd 09 06:23 AM
Looking for older mobo J.Lef Asus Motherboards 1 June 21st 05 03:24 AM
Older Intel 440BX Mobo - CD-ROM Errors Karl Burrows Intel 5 May 7th 04 02:31 PM
Older Socket A mobo?? TANKIE General 1 April 7th 04 03:03 AM
older mobo won't 'see' larger HD Alan Brown General 10 March 20th 04 12:16 PM