Can someone help ?

Old October 18th 09, 09:04 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
Triarma[_2_]

Default Can someone help ?

I am wondering if it would be worth waiting and line and ebaying an
iphone. What do you think? How much do you think they will be going
for?

________________
'unlock iphone 3gs' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBoMmqEIsGk)

--
Triarma
Old October 18th 09, 02:11 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy

Default I won't help because of your vague subject line (was: Can someone help?)

Sorry, I won't help you.

I won't help because you did not craft your subject line properly such
that I had at least SOME IDEA WHAT YOU NEEDED HELP WITH.

You insult the reader by posting messages with such a vaccuous subject
line.
Old October 18th 09, 10:04 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
cjt

Default I won't help either for that same reason

see subject line
Old October 19th 09, 01:35 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Tom Lake

"Intel Guy" wrote in message ...
Sorry, I won't help you.

I won't help because you did not craft your subject line properly such
that I had at least SOME IDEA WHAT YOU NEEDED HELP WITH.

You insult the reader by posting messages with such a vaccuous subject
line.

The message is short enough so it doesn't take much reading to know the
help the OP needs. Why are you so impatient? If people need help, I help
them
if I can. I don't refuse to help them if they haven't Googled for an answer
or
read the manual. Not everyone is good at typing or speaks English as their
first
language. If you don't want to answer then don't but there's no need to
insult
people who ask a simple question. Your "answer" was more insulting than
the question.

Tom Lake

Old October 19th 09, 01:42 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Tom Lake

"Triarma" wrote in message

I am wondering if it would be worth waiting and line and ebaying an
iphone. What do you think? How much do you think they will be going
for?

This really isn't the right group to ask this question but here's an answer
anyway. Apple's contract with AT&T is coming up for renewal and there's
speculation that Apple may end the exclusive aspect of it and allow iPhone
users to have Verizon as their network as well as AT&T. This would probably
mean better deals on the iPhone as AT&T and Verizon compete and offer
bundles. It's probably better to see how that shakes out before buying.
Also, check the 3G coverage map to see if your area is covered. Many aren't
yet and right now (in the USA at least) Verizon has much more area covered
than AT&T. So to sum up my advice: Wait. The prices will come down
eventually.

Tom Lake

Old October 19th 09, 03:13 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Intel Guy[_2_]

Tom Lake wrote:

I won't help because you did not craft your subject line
properly such that I had at least SOME IDEA WHAT YOU
NEEDED HELP WITH.

You insult the reader by posting messages with such a vaccuous
subject line.

The message is short enough so it doesn't take much reading
to know the help the OP needs.

The OP doesn't deserve his posts to be read if his subject line is
completely useless and he forces *everyone* to read the post just to
know something about his problem.

Why are you so impatient? If people need help, I help them
if I can. I don't refuse to help them if they haven't Googled
for an answer or read the manual.

This has got nothing to do with how much they've first tried to help
themselves.

It's about common courtesy, about proper usenet etiquette, about respect
for usenet readers.

If someone doesn't take even a few seconds to formulate a descriptive
subject line, then they are telling me that they want me to take MY TIME
to read their post just to see if I want to, or can respond.

Even more - in this case not only are you defending improper usenet
posting style, but you are also defending a post that was way-off-topic
for this newsgroup.

If you don't want to answer then don't but there's no need to
insult people who ask a simple question. Your "answer" was
more insulting than the question.

I was insulting the way they posted the question.

Usenet would be useless if everyone always used subject lines like
"Please help me!" or "I've got a problem!" or "Can anyone answer this
question!". It's no crime to tell people to formulate descriptive and
USEFUL subject lines with the 80 or so characters they have to work
with. What do you have against that?

And if you ask me, I do think that the nature of the question deserves
the OP to be insulted. What did their question have anything to do with
Intel? It was a nonsense question in the first place - it has no
definative answer.