Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Old March 24th 09, 04:04 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
wildseed

Default Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I am running an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 GHz CPU with 4 GB DDR3 ram
with RAID 0 disks (2 ) .Whilst the speed of the machine is very
impressive I am so disappointed with that junk operating system from
MS (Vista Ultimate 64 bit). It is so buggy and stupid. I am going back
to XP 32 bit.
What a waste of money Vista is. Absolute crap
Old March 24th 09, 06:14 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Robert Myers

On Mar 24, 11:04*am, wildseed wrote:
I am running an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 GHz CPU with 4 GB DDR3 *ram
with RAID 0 disks (2 ) .Whilst the speed of the machine is very
impressive I am so disappointed with that junk operating system from
MS (Vista Ultimate 64 bit). It is so buggy and stupid. I am going back
to XP 32 bit.
What a waste of money Vista is. Absolute crap

Can you be more specific about what is broken with Vista?

The same programs that freeze and crash under Vista also freeze and
crash under other versions of Windows. Firefox freezes and crashes in
Linux as often as it does in Windows, except that, as always, it is
easier to regain control of a Linux box without rebooting.

The memory footprint of the OS doesn't seem like a big deal to me on a
box with many gigabytes, which is why MIcrosoft apparently didn't
worry about it.

I wouldn't really recommend the XP downgrade to anyone because
Microsoft says that XP is going to go away, and I believe them.

My box has serious device driver problems with the graphics card. I
gather that there are lots of device driver problems with Vista. The
driver for the card is from last August and Device Manager insists
that it is up to date. It's a new HP box, so, if I wanted to deal
with clueless tech support, I have recourse that I don't intend to
pursue, at least for now.

Microsoft really blew it with Vista, I'll readily agree, but, as a
practical matter, it seems like, either wait for Windows 7 (and any
Service Pack 0 OS from Redmond seems like a bad bet to me) or live
with Vista.

Robert.
Old March 24th 09, 10:25 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Benjamin Gawert

* wildseed:
I am running an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 GHz CPU with 4 GB DDR3 ram
with RAID 0 disks (2 ) .Whilst the speed of the machine is very
impressive I am so disappointed with that junk operating system from
MS (Vista Ultimate 64 bit). It is so buggy and stupid. I am going back
to XP 32 bit.
What a waste of money Vista is. Absolute crap

Right. Of course it can't be that your hardware is crap, some drivers
are crap, your software is crap or that any other of the thousands
variables causes your problems. Who cares that Vista runs fine on lots
of similar systems. It must be Vista.

Benjamin
Old June 17th 09, 06:27 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Lee Waun

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* wildseed:
I am running an Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83 GHz CPU with 4 GB DDR3 ram
with RAID 0 disks (2 ) .Whilst the speed of the machine is very
impressive I am so disappointed with that junk operating system from
MS (Vista Ultimate 64 bit). It is so buggy and stupid. I am going back
to XP 32 bit.
What a waste of money Vista is. Absolute crap

Right. Of course it can't be that your hardware is crap, some drivers are
crap, your software is crap or that any other of the thousands variables
causes your problems. Who cares that Vista runs fine on lots of similar
systems. It must be Vista.

Benjamin

I have not liked Vista either, but yesterday I reinstalled the 64 bit home
preimium version with service pack 1 and 2 and it seems now to run just
fine. No problems encountered at all.

But the original version right out of the box was just garbage for sure.

Old June 17th 09, 09:51 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Benjamin Gawert

* Lee Waun:

But the original version right out of the box was just garbage for sure.

I have Vista since November 2006 when it came out for business users,
and while there were some problems (mainly drivers from overlazy IHVs) I
can't really see where ist should have been "garbage".

Benjamin
Old June 17th 09, 10:25 PM posted to comp.sys.intel
Lee Waun

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Lee Waun:

But the original version right out of the box was just garbage for sure.

I have Vista since November 2006 when it came out for business users, and
while there were some problems (mainly drivers from overlazy IHVs) I can't
really see where ist should have been "garbage".

Benjamin

When I installed it it would not run word 2002 which was my chosen
wordprocessor.

It would run out of memory and crash.

Old August 31st 09, 01:50 AM posted to comp.sys.intel
gg

I got vista 64 running office xp Pro. no problem with word or any part
thereof.
The only problem I have is with a tablet which the vendor did not make the
proper vista driver for.

I have usb drives, scanner all plug and play, also NVIDIA graphic card works
like charm for dual display. I can even unplug one display when vista is
running without hassle as long as I power off the display first before
unplugging. Otherwise I would just have to put vista to sleep, wait for a
second or two, wake it up and restore the dual display setting

With Vista 64 I can run a lot more processes, application for longer
duration for stability. The only thing I don't like at times is the uac
thing but I got around some of that by adding permission before some of the
changes

Vista Ultimate Journey Dell Computers 6 September 2nd 07 11:23 PM
Vista Ultimate Purchase and Use Journey Dell Computers 24 August 16th 07 10:05 PM
P5B Deluxe and Vista Ultimate Bill Davis Jr Asus Motherboards 7 February 13th 07 07:28 PM
m2n32-sli dx and Vista Ultimate x86 Meth Asus Motherboards 0 February 4th 07 02:34 AM
OT - Vista Ultimate offer georgie Dell Computers 10 January 21st 07 03:38 PM