what is the latest upgrade for k7vat Lucky Star mobo?? help..

Old November 11th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kejo

Default what is the latest upgrade for k7vat Lucky Star mobo?? help..

hey guys,
Hope there is someone who is able to help me.

i have a k7vat Lucky Star mobo.
BIOS is award modular v6.00PGN

i need to update it because it sees only 136 GB out of 320 GB of my new
hard disk!!

i have xp pro sp2 and it sees the full 320 GBs (in disk management),
but when i boot my pc in the bios screen it shows: 136 GB
"you could say where is the problem?? your xp sees it all..."
yes but when i try to create a new partition (whatever type), i cant
access it.
so 90% it's bios limitation.

please help me.
i cant find the site of lucky star...

Old November 11th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

kejo wrote:
hey guys,
Hope there is someone who is able to help me.

i have a k7vat Lucky Star mobo.
BIOS is award modular v6.00PGN

i need to update it because it sees only 136 GB out of 320 GB of my new
hard disk!!

i have xp pro sp2 and it sees the full 320 GBs (in disk management), but
when i boot my pc in the bios screen it shows: 136 GB
"you could say where is the problem?? your xp sees it all..."
yes but when i try to create a new partition (whatever type), i cant
access it.
so 90% it's bios limitation.

please help me.
i cant find the site of lucky star...

BIOS for K7VAT - no details about when they were released, or what was fixed etc.

http://web.archive.org/web/200206271...rd/s462/k7vat/

Links to manuals didn't get archived. This is the page, but there is no data
to download. Similarly, many of the other web pages from the Lucky-Star site,
have no image files stored with them - it makes the site impossible to read
any more.

http://web.archive.org/web/200206130...ainboard/s462/

You can get a manual here, if you want one.

http://web.archive.org/web/200505260...4615/k7vat.pdf

If you wish to use a large IDE hard drive, get one of these.
Read the reviews - the product is not perfect. Make sure, before
you buy it, that the OS you are using, is supported. I think I
have one of these plugged into my old 440BX board.

PROMISE ULTRA133 TX2 PCI IDE 66M PCI Controller Card - OEM $34

Paul