Cleaning rollers, servicing an HP Deskjet 952c

Old September 29th 06, 06:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Ron Marraccini

Default Cleaning rollers, servicing an HP Deskjet 952c

Folks,

Where would I get information on cleaning the rollers, ink depository,
and general servicing for an HP Deskjet 952c?

It's been a great printer and I would like to get some more miles out of it.

Thank you.

--
Ron A. Marraccini
Legal Investigations - OBI # 1998146

Old October 1st 06, 10:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld

Ron Marraccini wrote:
Folks,

Where would I get information on cleaning the rollers, ink depository,
and general servicing for an HP Deskjet 952c?

It's been a great printer and I would like to get some more miles out of it.

Does anyone have a good answser for Ron?
I'd like the same information about my HP 940c.

I'm clear about how to clean my rollers. What I don't know is:
- How to get at the rollers.
- What commands to issue and how in order to get those rollers turning
safely so I can clean them.

Anyone?

Richard

Old October 8th 06, 03:06 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

Richard Steinfeld wrote:
Ron Marraccini wrote:
Folks,

Where would I get information on cleaning the rollers, ink depository,
and general servicing for an HP Deskjet 952c?

It's been a great printer and I would like to get some more miles out of it.

Does anyone have a good answser for Ron?
I'd like the same information about my HP 940c.

I'm clear about how to clean my rollers. What I don't know is:
- How to get at the rollers.
- What commands to issue and how in order to get those rollers turning
safely so I can clean them.

Anyone?

Richard

I do not believe there are service manuals available for the 900 series
Deskjets. They are not too hard to dismantle however, usually two screws under
the top cover and two clips that you release with your fingers inside the rear
turnaround station (remove the turnaround cover or duplexer to see them at
either side) then using a screwdriver release two plastic spring clips inside
the front at either side (best to have the carriage in the middle to do this).
Lift the cover and carefully unplug the control panel cable.
Once the top cover is off you can clean the rollers at the front by turning
them using the gear at the left and the rollers at the back by turing the
rollers by hand.
While you have the covers off, clean out the service station if there is a
column of ink in it (right centre).
Tony

Paper Feed Cleaning Kit for HP DeskJet series printers. [email protected] Printers 0 April 21st 06 11:15 PM
Pick-up rollers on HP Deskjet 3545... don't! Joel Kolstad Printers 6 December 10th 05 08:28 AM
HP Deskjet 1220 Cleaning Kit problem Matti Partonen Printers 5 November 11th 04 02:04 AM
Cleaning Rollers Peach Printers 2 July 28th 04 02:15 PM
deskjet 845 C ink Pascal Printers 2 November 17th 03 10:16 AM