Out of Date Advertising

Old August 2nd 06, 01:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Roger

Default Out of Date Advertising

Last night I saw a Dell commercial on the TV. It said to go to
http://dell.ca/tv. Today is August 1st, yet the advertised offers
expired on JUNE 22.

I also just entered http://dell.ca/deals in response to a flyer that
arrived today. THOSE offers expired YESTERDAY.

Yet Dell sells primarily either on the Web or over the telephone (via
India, of course).

I have a friend interested, for some reason, in buying a Dell computer,
and who is seeking my assistance. How can I recommend dealing with a
company that is this inept?

Yes, I do realize that this is more of a rant than a question. Sorry
about that... but it helps to vent!!!

Roger

Old August 2nd 06, 02:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Last night I saw a Dell commercial on the TV. It said to go to
http://dell.ca/tv. Today is August 1st, yet the advertised offers
expired on JUNE 22.

I also just entered http://dell.ca/deals in response to a flyer that
arrived today. THOSE offers expired YESTERDAY.

Yet Dell sells primarily either on the Web or over the telephone (via
India, of course).

I have a friend interested, for some reason, in buying a Dell computer,
and who is seeking my assistance. How can I recommend dealing with a
company that is this inept?

Yes, I do realize that this is more of a rant than a question. Sorry
about that... but it helps to vent!!!

Roger

Roger,

You're missing the problem completely. There are others involved in this
problem then Dell. Do you think Dell would do things like this on
purpose?

The TV ad is likely a mistake of the TV Station/Network. Probably ran the
wrong ad. The flyer was delivered by the postal service. Need I say more
about the Canadian Postal Service?

Tom

Old August 2nd 06, 03:34 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Roger

Tom Scales wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It isn't the flyer or the tv ad. The WEB SITES are out of date. Check
them out yourself before you jump to conclusions.

Roger

Old August 2nd 06, 04:11 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dan Sgambelluri

Roger wrote:
Tom Scales wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

reading the fine print on Page 7 says, deals made between July 28 to
August 03, 2006 for a few deals. Other deals made between July 21 to
July 27, 2006
Old August 2nd 06, 12:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Your best bet would be to call Dell. You can ask the person who answers the
phone in India (probably "Hal, or "Stan") who can transfer you to a manager
(most likely will be in the Philippians) who will look on a script written
by someone in Memphis, who can call someone in Dallas who will e-mail
someone in Canada who can get to the bottom of it for you. Then "Hal" or
"Stan" will call you back about a week later to make sure that your issue
was taken care of (most likely some sort of new dell customer service
initiative that they enacted recently to bring their customer service rating
up out of the toilet.)

Sorry, I like to vent too

oups.com...

Old August 2nd 06, 12:59 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

"Roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tom Scales wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Provide a link. From your explanation, it is not the websites that are out
of date.

Old August 2nd 06, 05:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
georgie

Roger wrote:
Last night I saw a Dell commercial on the TV. It said to go to
http://dell.ca/tv. Today is August 1st, yet the advertised offers
expired on JUNE 22.

I also just entered http://dell.ca/deals in response to a flyer that
arrived today. THOSE offers expired YESTERDAY.

Yet Dell sells primarily either on the Web or over the telephone (via
India, of course).

I have a friend interested, for some reason, in buying a Dell computer,
and who is seeking my assistance. How can I recommend dealing with a
company that is this inept?

Yes, I do realize that this is more of a rant than a question. Sorry
about that... but it helps to vent!!!

Roger

The offers on the dell.ca/tv webpage still appear to be valid and
currently available since you can configure them and proceed to
check-out. But Dell Canada may have forgotten to remove a splash ad on
that webpage that refers to older offers that expired June 22, 2006.
They seem to forget to update expiry dates quite often. I've even
received emails for special Small Business offers which according to
the fine print have expired over a month ago, but they are really new
offers which are currently available. So I'd suggest if you like a
deal, call and check if you are uncertain about the availability.
Remember, sales and marketing don't make the machines or service them,
so I wouldn't let their slip-ups influence your purchase decision. If
you're interested, the newest online deals update every Friday morning
at www.dell.ca

Cheers,
georgie

Old August 6th 06, 10:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

On 1 Aug 2006 17:36:44 -0700, "Roger"
wrote:

I have a friend interested, for some reason, in buying a Dell computer,
and who is seeking my assistance. How can I recommend dealing with a
company that is this inept?

Dell has:

- Given me the price of an expired promotion the day after the
promotion ended. I don't know how long after a promotion ends they
will still honor it.

- Honored incorrect information that was specified on its website.

It has also:

- Given me incentives to keep my system(s) when I asked to return
them. The lowest incentive they provided was $100, and the highest
was $100 plus an additional $100 to spend at the accessories store.

It has also:

- Compensated me in some way for my "Dell Nightmare" scenarios that
most of us have had. I received a free printer once, whey they were
in the $200 range. I recently received a 3 year warranty for free.