Inktec refill inks / cartridges

Old June 12th 06, 06:56 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Default Inktec refill inks / cartridges

I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties. Does anyone have
experience and source of supply for the sponge less cartridges? My
cyan sponge seems to clog up much quicker than the others.

Thanks

Ray
Old June 12th 06, 08:27 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

ray wrote:

I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity.

wilhelm labs concluded that generic ink fades quickly and is of poor
quality.

don't see it mentioned on this group very often.

more people on this ng work for or are associated with the other relabelers

What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.

kind of leaky

Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties.

that tells you something about the quality

Does anyone have
experience and source of supply for the sponge less cartridges? My
cyan sponge seems to clog up much quicker than the others.

i am saure it does and the printhead is next

Thanks

Ray

Old June 12th 06, 09:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

ray wrote:
I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties.

Please let us in on what brand(s) and model(s) of printers you've been
using.

Thanks.

Richard
Old June 12th 06, 10:06 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

ray wrote:
I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties. Does anyone have
experience and source of supply for the sponge less cartridges? My
cyan sponge seems to clog up much quicker than the others.

Thanks

Ray

Glad to hear you're not using "generic" ink. MIS is excellent and rivals
oem and will not clog or damage your printer. Inktec ink is also an
excellent alternative to over price oem ink. Hobbicolor ink is also
another excellent alternative to expensive oem ink.
Frank
Old June 13th 06, 12:28 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Hi,

We've been using Inktec with our Epsons (740, 880, C80, C82) for over 4
years with very satisfactory results. They've Our Epson 740 printers are now
7 years old and do fine with it as well as the other models.
I switched to the MIS spongeless cartridges for our C84 Epsons because
they 5 of 6 of them clogged with Epson's Dura-brite and third party inks.
I've used the spongeless cartridges since the middle of January with
dye-base ink from MIS and all 3 new C84 printers that I put into service
appear to be running well with no clogs. I have another seven C-84 printers
still in boxes that I will put into service in September if the spongeless
printers show no difficulty printing after letting them sit for ten weeks
during the summer.

--
Jan Alter

or

Old June 13th 06, 12:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

Frank wrote:
ray wrote:

[...]

Please people, be specific about which printers you're talking about.
As far as I know, Hobbicolor only sells ink for Canons. And I'll bet
that you're right about them. I've read of excellent results with MIS
ink in Canons, too. It's certainly possible that an outfit that markets
great ink for Canons may sell mediocre ink for Epsons. No?

But I'm interested in ink for _my_ printers, which are HPs!

In my case, my first experience with InkGrabber refilled cartridges is
good for my HP (except for lousy packing). I've also read that their
cartridges are trustworthy for Canons.

So, it's important to me that we always go that extra inch to state
where our experiences have been good or bad. It helps a lot.

Richard
Old June 13th 06, 01:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers

"ray" wrote in message

I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties. Does anyone have
experience and source of supply for the sponge less cartridges? My
cyan sponge seems to clog up much quicker than the others.

Thanks

Ray

Canon??? If so, replace the little rubber plugs in the MIS virgin carts with
#6-1/2 inch stainless steel phillips pan head sheet metal screws with tight
fitting O-rings Just screw them into the fill hole as they will cut their
own threads. Don't use a power screwdriver to screw them in as you may
strip the threads in the soft plastic. You can also buy a small kit from
Hobbicolors (on ebay) that include empty carts and 2 oz containers of ink.
The kit costs about as much as just buying MIS empty carts. Both vendors'
carts seem to work well. I've used both. If you use the Hobbicolors carts
I would change the screw that comes with it to a stainless steel one as
described above. Easier to insert and start after refilling as it has a
point and is tapered and phillips instead of a standard screw. There are
some garbage carts out there, but these seem to be quite good. I've also
cleaned out arrow carts from Alotofthings and refilled them with MIS and
Computer Friends inks and they seem to work just fine. On a few of them I
enlarged the air vent holes with a push pin as they seemed to be a bit
small. Spongeless carts for Canons haven't worked out well from what I've
read on the Nifty-stuff Forum. Go there for really good info on refilling.
Sign in and participate. No trolls to give misinformation there. MIS has
spongeless carts for Epson that they claim work quite well.

Old June 13th 06, 01:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:43:27 -0700, Richard Steinfeld
wrote:

ray wrote:
I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties.

Please let us in on what brand(s) and model(s) of printers you've been
using.

Thanks.

Richard

Canon IP5000 now. Previous ASR 35, ASR 33, Printronic 80, Epson
MX80, Epson JX80, HP2225, HP525, HP 972, Canon i850. Print head
clogging was not an issue on the impact and the dot matrix printers.
Yes I did refill on the ribbons.
Old June 13th 06, 01:26 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:36:00 -0700, Richard Steinfeld
wrote:

Frank wrote:
ray wrote:

[...]

The name of the company turns me off. I would prefer to do business
with a professional rather than someone who does it as a hobby. I
don't buy anything on eBay and will not do business with anyone whose
sole dealings are through them.

Old June 13th 06, 01:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers

ray wrote:
I have been using MIS ink with fairly good success. I have read on
nifty forum that Inktec ink may be better in terms of longevity. I
don't see it mentioned on this group very often. What kind of
experiences have people had with it? I see sources for the refill
ink, but pre filled cartridges seem hard to find in the USA. I have
used the MIS empty cartridges but don't like their tiny rubber plug.
Any suggestions on better empties? It seems strange that cheap filled
cartridges are less expensive than the empties. Does anyone have
experience and source of supply for the sponge less cartridges? My
cyan sponge seems to clog up much quicker than the others.

Thanks

Ray

I've had good luck with Inktec refill kits for my HP 56/57 carts. No
personal info on longevity yet, as it hasn't been long enough to tell.

TJ

R800 Clogged up! [email protected] Printers 36 April 22nd 05 09:26 PM
Moab Paper measekite Printers 17 February 21st 05 08:41 PM
The lowdown on cheap Epson compatible cartridges please........ Kev Conlon Scanners 8 February 1st 05 10:50 PM
Intermittent use - Epson 2100P/2200? SmileyFace Printers 11 July 29th 03 04:06 PM