Copying to added hard drive?

Old April 15th 06, 08:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Copying to added hard drive?

"Andy Cooper" andycooper3 hotmail.com wrote:

SHRED wrote:

Is there a way to copy games and other programs over to an
added hard
drive from the existing hard drive.

I was wondering if there is a program (preferably freeware)
that will copy everything over, including changing registry
settings, so that I can avoid reloading everything again.

I will soon add another hard drive and want to store my games,
some progs, photos, media files, etc...over to it and keep my
other hard drive for the operating system and other things.

Thanks

I can guarantee CasperXP

What a novel concept.

although 'apparently' it cost's money. It did
a brilliant job on four or five drives and not that slow either.
Exact clones were reproduced, so you could take one drive out put
a cloned one in and you couldnt tell the difference.

I don't understand why the confusion. The original poster is asking
a fairly simple question IMO, about moving programs from one
partition to another. He's not talking about cloning a partition or
drive.

Regards , Andy

From: "Andy Cooper" andycooper3 hotmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Copying to added hard drive?
Date: 14 Apr 2006 14:26:20 -0700

Old April 15th 06, 07:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Just found an even better way. Install DI and make the
2 floppy disks. Slave the new drive to the old drive.
Boot to floppy ( DR DOS ) , and select the option
to dupe the drive. Heh. Takes about 10 minutes
and works perfectly. Never tried that one before,
since the other way is so easy and adaptable.
But "dupe" works great.

johns

Old April 15th 06, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"Andy Cooper" wrote:

I don't understand why the confusion. The original poster is
asking a fairly simple question IMO, about moving programs from
one partition to another. He's not talking about cloning a
partition or drive.

"I was wondering if there is a program (preferably freeware) that
will copy everything over, including changing registry settings,
so that I can avoid reloading everything again."

This part, IMO, seems to suggest a cloning operation might be
useful. If I am wrong I apologise to the OP.

The clue in that part is "changing registry settings" and then there
is the fact he wants to leave the operating system on the original
drive. The original poster doesn't know he's trying to "move" and
not "copy" or "store". He has a language/lingo problem.