Printing variables inside IDB

Old April 12th 06, 01:38 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default Printing variables inside IDB

Hi, I'm new to IDB and can't seem to figure out how to print local
variables. If I try to print a local variable inside a block, it is
reported as undefined. This works for all other debuggers I've used
including VC++ and gdb.

For example, in the following sample program, if I set a break point at
the line containing j=i, I can not examine the variable j inside the if
statement:

int main() {
int i = 4;
if(i==4) {
int j = 3;
j = i;
}
}

When I compile the code, I've tried the following:

icl /Zi /Od debug.c

and

icl /debug debug.c

Thanks,
Bob

Old April 13th 06, 04:03 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

This may be a bug. I am waiting to hear back from Intel support.

Thanks,
Bob