Walgreens Cart Refill for Epson?

Old April 6th 08, 05:13 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default Walgreens Cart Refill for Epson?

Arthur Entlich wrote:
I'll save some people that modest fee and back alley antics:

Most Epson printers can have the waste ink pad protection numbers
reset via the program found he

http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Read the manual that comes with it with care.

Unfortunately, that program is not available for Mac systems.

That is really good. Mac users will have a clean workplace free from
ink all over the place.

Be aware that if reset too many times, waste ink may begin to leak out
of the printer and onto your nice things.

Some printers cost quite a bit to have the waste ink pads replaced. A
better approach if you can find the service manuals is to extend the
hose going to the waste ink pads, and move that outside the printer
and into a small bottle. This collects all the ink outside, leaving
the waste ink pads relatively empty.

Art

DB-W wrote:
In article
,
"Phillip. J. San" wrote:

On Mar 21, 4:52 pm, "Burt" wrote:
(snip)

Given the non-user-replaceable fixed heads on anEpson, I would be
EXTREMELY cautious about using non-Epsonink. Mess up your heads, and
you will need to buy a new printer (or pay $$$ to have it repaired).
At least with HP's and some others, the heads are part of the
cart, so
if the ink is bad, you just change the cart.
You are right that caution is advisable when selecting aftermarket
inks for
refilling. That is true for Epsons because of the fixed printhead,
but it
is also true of the majority of Canon printers. Who wants to
replace a
printhead, even though it is removeable!

snipped
there is also some mention of a chip resetter. Which it seems like I
have to email someone.

For a long time I have been refilling Epson 1290 and 1270 cartridges
up to
five or six times without any problems. A chip resetter helps, although
you can put a new cartridge in the machine after unpeeling the air vent,
return the carriage to base for it to do its gyrations, unscrew and
remove
the top cover, and replace the new cartridge with a refilled one. The
machine usually doesn't notice the swap and you can put the new one back
into its box for next time. Put some masking tape over the pierced
outlets
top and bottom before you do.

Two important points, only refill genuine Epson cartridges, as they have
non-flooding valves in the base. Compatible carts are sometimes
impenetrable and need plastic tape stuck to the ink outlets to avoid
flooding and this *will* cause problems when re-inserted in the machine.

My favourite Epson 'gotcha' is when the head has been cleaned umpteen
times and the red light stays on permanently. The cleaning counting chip
assumes that the blotting paper inside, which mops up the excess ink
from
the cleaning process, has become saturated and is in danger of leaking
onto your nice new IKEA desktop.

Take the printer to your friendly back street (not high street) computer
expert who, for a modest fee, should be able to find the necessary alien
software to reset the counter.

All at your own risk, of course, and I have no experience of all-in-one
machines or pigment based inks.
DBW

Old April 7th 08, 06:40 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.printing,comp.periphs.printers
Jolly Roger[_3_]

In article ,
Frank wrote:

Jolly Roger wrote:
In article ,
measekite wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br

You've got to be kidding. I'm not parsing through HTML to read your
post. Turn off HTML, for crying out loud. This isn't a web site.

He's far too stupid to understand what you're talking about an too
obnoxious to comply if he did.
He is one arrogant POS son of a bitch fukkin asshole loser.
Frank

....and he's met my kill file.

Old April 7th 08, 07:03 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Brendan R. Wehrung

Frank ) writes:
Jolly Roger wrote:
In article ,
measekite wrote:

!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
html
head
meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"
/head
body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"
br

You've got to be kidding. I'm not parsing through HTML to read your
post. Turn off HTML, for crying out loud. This isn't a web site.

He's far too stupid to understand what you're talking about an too
obnoxious to comply if he did.
He is one arrogant POS son of a bitch fukkin asshole loser.
Frank

Needs a brain refill.

BW
Old April 7th 08, 11:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Cal Bubba

Default Sorry, Gman

My apologies.
It appeared that you were responding to me due to my filter.

Richard
Old April 8th 08, 09:42 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Richard Steinfeld[_2_]

My apologies.
It appeared that you were responding directly to me due to my filter.

Richard