Fretting corrosion

Old April 17th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Fretting corrosion

http://www.troubleshooters.com/tprom....htm#_My_Story

I experienced something like this, recently. Isn't this the damnest
thing!? It tries my soul to think about how many times this could have
been the real problem, or could have been complicating a problem.
Old April 17th 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tprom....htm#_My_Story

I experienced something like this, recently. Isn't this the damnest
thing!? It tries my soul to think about how many times this could have
been the real problem, or could have been complicating a problem.

Very interesting article TPM. Thank you.

Old April 17th 06, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

WD40 is OK in certain circumstances.... I repaired many electronic
equipment with blown caps the gunge is corrosive and can eat it's way
through the PCB protective lacquer, sometimes corroding or partially
corroding the copper circuit tracks..... a good scrub with the fibre
pen and a minute squirt of WD40 and a good blow
dry....not half a tin will work wonders
and stop further corrosion, not forgetting a re-coat of lacquer
after.

Yet again I've had videos recorders dripping with the darn stuff all
because some toy had been pushed inside....!

Takes all sorts of folks to make a world ...it'd be a boring place
without em..!

Davy

Old April 18th 06, 08:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

beenthere wrote:

Very interesting article TPM. Thank you.

De nada.
Old April 18th 06, 08:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

MR Cole wrote:

This guy is a NUT. Keep the WD40 for tight Virgins.

You say that, and HE'S a nut!?