Brother HQ1200, HRC and Toner Save features...

Old June 26th 03, 11:25 PM
Dariusz Piatkowski

Default Brother HQ1200, HRC and Toner Save features...

Hi Everyone!

I just bought a refurbished Brother HL-1650 printer. So far so good, it
prints great, hopefully it'll last as well.

Going over some of the features of the printer I noticed under print
quality the term HRC (High Resolution Control). I did a couple of test
prints with the HRC feature on/off and really could not tell much of a
difference in the print. Can anyone tell me a bit more about this? Are
there only certain types of print jobs that make use of this feature?

How about the HQ1200 feature? It is part of the resolution setting, and I'm
assuming it basically somehow achieves the 1200 dpi print density. The
print difference however is obvious between HQ1200 and 600 dpi. I would
imagine that HQ1200 uses more toner since the print does look darker.

Finally there is the Toner Save feature...tried it but wasn't too happy
with the "washed out" printout...I think I'll skip this and simply print
using the normal settings. I'm just curious if folks out there are seeing a
noticeable difference in the toner life with this turned on?

Thanks again, if there are any hints/tips that I should know about using
this printer by all means please let me know.

- Dariusz

Dariusz Piatkowski
dariusz ! at ! mnsi.net, http://www.mnsi.net/~dariusz

New Concepts Consulting - Your One Stop For Hardware & Software Solutions
Windsor, Ontario, Canada, call (519) 380-0384