AMD and a hot date to flirt at the horrorshow

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 18th 18, 07:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default AMD and a hot date to flirt at the horrorshow

(HexDump seldom-crashed messaged bits&pieces)

CoreTemp and SpeedFan freewares. (And a lot of disparities between
the two and how AMD's implementing sensors. The "tester" may have a
better sense than CoreTemp programmer's treatment, i.e. marginality
for offsets somehow seem a debilitation.)

Best to run both in notification for the upcoming summer. AMD may be
trickier, but 130 F is more like 140 F to me, at least what I'm used
to with AMD, from 350Mhz upwards.

Almost spooky: 70C. ga-78lmt-usb3_v.6.0 BIOS is nuts with all the
options, between the multiplier and AMD's Turbo Boost. ...ways to push
at 4Ghz. Which is very modern.

Turned off the MB's CPU Boost for some vague reason that momentarily
eclipses me, few days, a week ago, and then turned it back on again
today. I can't wait until the summer kicks in to cook.

AMD FX-8300 Vishera 8-Core 3.3 GHz Socket AM3+ 95W FD8300WMHKBOX

-

AMD Engineer Obviously Not

....whatever you do don't go turbo core. I found out the hard way of
how it works. After months of troubleshooting my fps drops in all
games i came to the conclusion that it was turbo core. What turbo core
does it gives it more power when it needs it, so in some situations in
game you'll get these massive fps drops because of turbo core thinking
you don't need alot of power, so it underclocks it self.

ITE IT8620E21

°C 69.8 °F room temperature
30 °C 86.0 °F
37 °C 98.6 °F average body temperature
40 °C 104.0 °F
50 °C 122.0 °F
60 °C 140.0 °F
70 °C 158.0 °F
80 °C 176.0 °F

-

I have done testing on this board.

TMPIN0 is the motherboard sensor located above the ITE chip, lower
left corner of board. It measures a combination of ambient air and
motherboard circuit temperature. Your max temp of 49c indicates you
have low air flow moving through the case, or you live in a hot
climate.

TMPIN1 is not important. (I believe it's an intermediate step in CPU
temp calculation and not meant to be registered for reading.)

TMPIN2 is CPU package plus a constant 15c offset. This is to give
illusion of normal temperatures since the CPU package temp is not
accurate below 40c.

CPU Package is the AMD cpu calculated thermal margin, shown as normal
temperature reading. It is accurate and reliable under load and above
40c. You want this at or below 55c for long term use. Spikes to 60c is
okay but not for long periods. Technically the chip is safe up to 70c.

-

SpeedFan 4.51 added support for 5 PWM controls on the ITE IT8620E.
This chip is a custom one made by ITE for Gigabyte and no datasheet...