Samslung ML-2525 Review One Thumb Down)

Old October 14th 14, 05:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Guv Bob[_4_]

Default Samslung ML-2525 Review One Thumb Down)

Prints very clear (B&W only). But I would not recommend this printer because of two reasons.

(1) the paper drawer is very hard to line up with the guides and you have to slam it in for it to close. I have actually been slamming the paper drawer too hard many times trying to get it to break so I can get another one. But it keeps on going.

(2) Address labels on 8.5 x11 backing jam. I don't know the paper path, but each sheet flips over before coming out. It's very difficult to print on address labels because the label paper gets really hot, and when it passes through one of the rollers, the labels sometime start to pop up and jam.

I have to print one sheet, then let it cool down, then print another....

(3) Samslung toner catridges cost $80 at Frys. Generic cartrides are $60. The store carries toner refills but only have one for Brother printers. Anyone know if there's any difference betwee toners? If it's like ink for ink jets, any ink works fine on all printers I've had.

In fact, if I start to run out of black ink, and I don't have any ink on hand, I squirt in a half syring tap water. It's somewhat lighter, but not that bad. If I do it again, it does start to grey out.

Old October 14th 14, 01:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael J Davis[_2_]

Guv Bob was inspired to say
[...]

In general terms you need to use distilled water - otherwise
contaminants can block nozzles.

If you havent access to distilled water use the 'frost' in the
refrigerator - but not where it touches the metal. This has condensed
from vapour in the air and is pretty clean.

HIH

Mike

--
Michael J Davis

Old October 14th 14, 09:19 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Guv Bob" wrote:
[Snip]
(2) Address labels on 8.5 x11 backing jam. I don't know the paper path, but
each sheet flips over before coming out. It's very difficult to print on
address labels because the label paper gets really hot, and when it passes
through one of the rollers, the labels sometime start to pop up and jam.

I have to print one sheet, then let it cool down, then print another....

[snip]
I assume that your label stock is marked as suitable for laser printers or
photocopiers, if not then that will cause this prolem and in addition it riska
serioualy damaging the printer.
Just a cautionary note.
Tony

Old October 15th 14, 03:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
me

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:49:12 -0700, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

(2) Address labels on 8.5 x11 backing jam.
I don't know the paper path, but each sheet flips over before coming out.
It's very difficult to print on address labels because the label paper gets
really hot, and when it passes through one of the rollers, the labels sometime start to pop up and jam.

Be sure to choose the correct label media for your
paper type. Many laser printers will use a lower fuser
temperature for label stock.

thumb drive ??? dh@. Homebuilt PC's 6 December 22nd 07 11:41 PM
Rule of thumb for Ram 133 or 100 [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 9 August 14th 07 10:39 PM
Thumb Drive Jan Dell Computers 9 May 16th 06 04:01 AM
Curious about thumb drive Jim Storage (alternative) 2 December 24th 05 08:42 PM
One Thumb Up Lawrence Glasser Dell Computers 3 January 7th 04 06:40 PM