How does volt feel ? How does ampere feel ?

Old May 19th 11, 03:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Shaun

Default How does volt feel ? How does ampere feel ?

"Loren Pechtel" wrote in message

On Tue, 17 May 2011 11:50:06 -0600, wilby
wrote:

As a early teenager I watched a friend pee on an electric fence
surrounding a horse ranch. I warned him but he laughed ... for a few
seconds ... and then I got to laugh.

Mythbusters tried that. No shock.

Mythbusters is often wrong. My second cousin ****ed on a fence and the
electric fence part was just above it. He got the shock of his life, he
said his balls hurt for days afterwards and he couldn't **** right for a
while. That was 25 years ago. He is now married with kids, so it did no
permanent damage.

Shaun

Old May 19th 11, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Shaun

"John Larkin" wrote in message

On Mon, 16 May 2011 04:50:54 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

Hello,

I saw somebody mention on a webforum that volt and empere feels
differently... I am not sure if he joking/making it up... or if it's really
possible to feel a difference between ampere and volts ?!?

You can barely feel a volt, even directly on your tongue. You can sure
feel an amp.

John

An amp through your body will kill you, it will also cause muscle damage and
possibly burning.

Shaun

Old May 20th 11, 02:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Krypsis

On 16/05/2011 2:46 PM, Paul wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I saw somebody mention on a webforum that volt and empere feels
differently... I am not sure if he joking/making it up... or if it's
really possible to feel a difference between ampere and volts ?!?

So far I have had two experiences with electricity which come to mind:

1. Touching the inner metal tracks of a lego-locomotive that used 12
volts probably... this felt like a current running
through my arms.

2. Static electricity (?) discharge in supermarkt... (plastic summer
shoes rubbing against floor hallway in flat) huge short pain going
through arm... pretty much same thing but much more violent and
doesn't shake or vibrate but feels more like a bang in the arm.

So what do you guys think is there a different feel to volts vs ampere ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

Paul

Aren't you being a little unfair there? That URL will lead SkyDuck to
multisyllable words and abstract concepts.

krypsis