EFFECTIVE ON SERVERS BOUGHT AFTER JULY 30 2003 ENJOY !!!!!

Old October 8th 03, 01:22 AM
Shaun

Default EFFECTIVE ON SERVERS BOUGHT AFTER JULY 30 2003 ENJOY !!!!!

EFFECTIVE ON SERVERS BOUGHT AFTER JULY 30 2003 ENJOY !!!!!

Software is now only 90 days from purchase

Warranties are no longer transferrable (forget about Ebay folks)

ATA drives only have a 1 year warranty regardless of the server you
bought them for , get your options at BestBuy , 1/3 the price with a 5
year warranty

Tape Drives , even if internal, no longer have onsite even if you have
a contract on the server.

Oh and you are going to love this one , HP dropped their liability
from 1 million $ to the price of parts necessary to fix the server
(Carly you are an idiot)

Out of warranty servers will now only have fee based support or web
support.

ALL frontline phone support , when actually offered , is now done by
Sitel (ya the Air India help desk people) (they don't even email you
links anymore because a tech said they were not allowed email) , This
is to save a cruddy $3-4.00 dollars by laying off almost all the real
HP techs for this rubbish they call support . I have only witnessed
about 6-10 knowledgable techs when I call HP (oops Sitel) now. Carly
will probably find a reason to underpay them and lose them as well

HP now reserves the right to inform you that your problem doesn't
require an Onsite technician, even if the warranty says you should be
able to choose.

I have news for you Carly I do not have time to waste on hold or
fighting for the support I paid for (or can get elsewhere) , You have
just made the premium paid for Proliant servers not a viable option
anymore . I am now actively petitioning my superiors to find other IT
suppliers for our telecom division and have sent them a log of my 311
calls to HP in the past 3 months , mostly for that damn power supply (
209 failures) on your DL360 servers. I was actually put on hold for 48
minutes while this Sitel idiot got permission to change my failed 72
Gb hard drive .

Before we get screwed and have to talk to some halfwit Hindu in
Bangalore I'm going to spend the next 3 months convincing my superiors
to drop your HP crap for Dell ( I never thought I would say this by
the way) . Our next budget in February is tentively set at 13.2
million dollars USD I realize this is nothing for you Carly but I go
to a LOT of trade shows and will put this campaign on the road.

I have already had an associate reverse an order for 3.1 million
dollars for 3 tape libraries so Carly if you would like a war with
your customers to save the bunch of greedy , shortsighted shareholders
in the short term at the cost of the entire server business in the
long run them put of your dukes you stupid woman

Old October 8th 03, 04:23 PM
DEJ57

Wow, Shawn, how about telling us how you really feel the next time....go get
'em it the shoe fits....

Dale
Old October 13th 03, 05:16 PM
CHANGE USERNAME TO westes

Shaun, if you like Bangalore, I'm thrilled to be the first to tell you that
Dell has moved a lot of their telephone sales, and some support, to India.
I haven't spoken with a Dell sales rep in months who could speak English
fluently, or who knew the product line intimately. This, combined with
the fact that Dell has no published spare part numbers, has made for a lot
of time lost. We ordered a tape library straight from Dell, which they
then refused to support because "the service tag doesn't exist." This was
followed by nearly 15 phone calls over two months, during which I was told
every possible story (e.g., "that is a notebook, not a tape library", "you
don't need a service tag for that library to get support", "your library
will inherit the support on your server", etc.). In the end we gave up.
The company's internal processes are so completely broken that they are
borderline disfunctional. No two reps would ever confirm the last reps
story. In my opinion, Compaq is a very frustrating vendor, but Dell is an
ungodly nightmare. Dell is a company that simply doesn't work, unless you
are a Fortune 500 with a personal sales team inside Dell who can spend all
of their time circumventing Dell's broken processes on your behalf.

Regarding your order for tape libraries, please contact me by e-mail, and I
will tell you how to get those libraries for under $500K.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com