Dell 968 AIO wireless printer software

Old February 6th 09, 10:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
val

Default Dell 968 AIO wireless printer software

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.
Old February 7th 09, 01:24 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:
Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver, but if it is the right driver it should still have
the correct functionality and feature-set your printer supports.

If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version you used previously. It might be on the included CD.
Old February 7th 09, 04:05 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:
On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver, but if it is the right driver it should still have
the correct functionality and feature-set your printer supports.

If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version you used previously. *It might be on the included CD.

yes I did that it still isn't right.
Old February 7th 09, 04:21 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 6, 11:05*pm, wrote:
On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver, but if it is the right driver it should still have
the correct functionality and feature-set your printer supports.

If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version you used previously. *It might be on the included CD.

yes I did that it still isn't right.

Is that important? You make no mention of whether the printer works
or exactly why this is a problem, since it does seem to ID the
printer.

Feel free to provide full details of everything, including who
installed the other print driver, when/where that was done.
Old February 7th 09, 05:30 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 2:21*pm, wrote:
On Feb 6, 11:05*pm, wrote:

On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong..
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help.. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver, but if it is the right driver it should still have
the correct functionality and feature-set your printer supports.

If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version you used previously. *It might be on the included CD.

yes I did that it still isn't right.

Is that important? *You make no mention of whether the printer works
or exactly why this is a problem, since it does seem to ID the
printer.

Feel free to provide full details of everything, including who
installed the other print driver, when/where that was done.- Hide quoted text -

I installed the forst time back in oct. it is important because it
wont print on both sides of the paper now and because I am legally
Blind I need it as easy as possile I feel the xps has something to do
with it but I don't know why it is dhowing up.
Old February 7th 09, 05:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 2:05*pm, wrote:
On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
I have reinstalled, been on tech, support for hours and didn't help. I
told them instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver, but if it is the right driver it should still have
the correct functionality and feature-set your printer supports.

If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version you used previously. *It might be on the included CD.

yes I did that it still isn't right.

Yeah Thank you I unistalled everything and reinstalled for the10th
time and it worked Thank you so much
Old February 7th 09, 02:44 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 7, 12:59*am, wrote:
On Feb 7, 2:05*pm, wrote:

On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong..
... instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver...
If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version

Yeah Thank you I unistalled everything and reinstalled for the10th
time and it worked Thank you so much

Thank you for replying back with the solution to the problem. Now
that it's working does it still read "XPS" at the end?

Old February 7th 09, 10:24 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

On Feb 8, 12:44*am, wrote:
On Feb 7, 12:59*am, wrote:

On Feb 7, 2:05*pm, wrote:

On Feb 7, 11:24*am, wrote:

On Feb 6, 5:55*pm, val wrote:

Dell replaced my harddrive and now my printer software is all wrong.
... instead of saying 968 AIO printer it says
968 AIO printer xps. I have vista. Someone please help.

It seems most likely that they simply installed a different version of
the print driver...
If that is the case, uninstall the current driver and install the old
version

Yeah Thank you I unistalled everything and reinstalled for the10th
time and it worked Thank you so much

Thank you for replying back with the solution to the problem. *Now
that it's working does it still read "XPS" at the end?- Hide quoted text -

No it doesn't say xps. and the problem was somebody had plug in the
printer cable. this is crasey it should of worked either way.
sometimes I think these computers have a mind of there own.
Val