A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » General Hardware & Peripherals » Homebuilt PC's
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver) andMicrosoft Edge browser on Windows 10

Old March 12th 17, 10:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99
external usenet poster

Default BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver) andMicrosoft Edge browser on Windows 10

BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver) and Microsoft Edge browser when viewing "Bing Images" (some sort of software graphics acceleration going on in the background, and the Bing Images pages is always very 'busy', which compounds the problem.

Windows 10 Home Edition ([Version 10.0.14393]) 32-bit OS, Core 2 Duo chip, ConRoe 1333-D667 motherboard, hardware about 10 years old except for brand new SSD hds, no known RAM or virus problems. Nothing weird running in the background, temperatures normal.

Solution: go to Mozilla Firefox as the default browser as a workaround.

I will test Edge once more after posting this (and I expect a BSOD).

Edge is not that great, it's always slower than Firefox (where I have AdBlock installed). I've heard that installing AdBlock actually will slow down your web experience, since some sites are configured to run slower when detecting AdBlock, but that's not been my experience.

RL
Old March 13th 17, 02:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]
external usenet poster

Default BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver)and Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10

RayLopez99 wrote:
BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver) and Microsoft Edge browser when viewing "Bing Images" (some sort of software graphics acceleration going on in the background, and the Bing Images pages is always very 'busy', which compounds the problem.

Windows 10 Home Edition ([Version 10.0.14393]) 32-bit OS, Core 2 Duo chip, ConRoe 1333-D667 motherboard, hardware about 10 years old except for brand new SSD hds, no known RAM or virus problems. Nothing weird running in the background, temperatures normal.

Solution: go to Mozilla Firefox as the default browser as a workaround.

I will test Edge once more after posting this (and I expect a BSOD).

Edge is not that great, it's always slower than Firefox (where I have AdBlock installed). I've heard that installing AdBlock actually will slow down your web experience, since some sites are configured to run slower when detecting AdBlock, but that's not been my experience.

RL

Did you try disabling Hardware Acceleration on Edge ?

Edge also has a Flash plugin, and you may need to
disable hardware acceleration on that too.

Paul
Old March 13th 17, 06:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99
external usenet poster

Default BSOD with igdkmd32.sys (Intel onboard graphics chip video driver)and Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10

On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 10:56:45 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:

RL

Paul

Thanks Paul, I will look for that setting and disable it in Edge. But I switched to Google Chrome, and it seems more faster, but, more importantly, it's stable and no BSOD.

BTW, I like Intel's on-chip graphics card. It's stable (except for the above problem with Edge) and pretty fast, and, for my low-performance AutoCad work, good enough.

RL
Old March 13th 17, 06:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 2:27:33 PM UTC-4, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Sunday, March 12, 2017 at 10:56:45 PM UTC-4, Paul wrote:
RayLopez99 wrote:

RL

Paul

Thanks Paul, I will look for that setting and disable it in Edge. But I switched to Google Chrome, and it seems more faster, but, more importantly, it's stable and no BSOD.

BTW, I like Intel's on-chip graphics card. It's stable (except for the above problem with Edge) and pretty fast, and, for my low-performance AutoCad work, good enough.

RL

Here is what I did for Edge:

To disable hardware acceleration, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools icon in the upper-right corner, and then click Internet Options. --NO, IN WINDOWS 10 YOU MUST SEARCH FOR "INTERNET OPTIONS" IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER FOR SEARCH
Click the Advanced tab, and then under Accelerated graphics, select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering check box.