Can I defeat the Armada power-on password?

Old May 1st 05, 01:39 PM
NewarkShark

Default Can I defeat the Armada power-on password?

I got a "good" deal on a Armada 1130T from the Goodwill, but there is a
power-on password that I cannot seem to get around. I have tried
removing CMOS and main batteries for extended periods, but that leads
me back to the password screen.

I can boot with a floppy to an A: prompt, but it seems that the KB is
disabled.

Is there anything someone with a modicum of savvy can do?

While I was in there, I took the HD out and looked around on it; the
previous owner wiped it clean before donating it.

I hate to toss the thing, but right now it is a paperweight.

Old May 8th 05, 07:34 PM
thefriend

You can clear a known password as follows:

Entering the password followed by a forward slash (/) when prompted in the
BIOS Setup utility.
Select “Set Defaults and Exit” in the Computer Setup Utility to restore
defaults and clear established passwords.
You must reset CMOS to clear an unknown password
This is from hp instruction material

press f10 while booting computer to get in setup

try it

you may have a mb problem

Old May 8th 05, 09:07 PM
Earl F. Parrish

"NewarkShark" wrote in message
oups.com...

I got a "good" deal on a Armada 1130T from the Goodwill, but there
is a
power-on password that I cannot seem to get around. I have tried
removing CMOS and main batteries for extended periods, but that
leads
me back to the password screen.

I can boot with a floppy to an A: prompt, but it seems that the KB
is
disabled.

Is there anything someone with a modicum of savvy can do?

While I was in there, I took the HD out and looked around on it;
the
previous owner wiped it clean before donating it.

I hate to toss the thing, but right now it is a paperweight.

2.2 Clearing Passwords

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect the AC Adapter (refer to Section 5.4).

3. Remove the battery pack (Section 5.8).

4. Remove the keyboard/CPU cover assembly (Section 5.13).

5. Disconnect and remove the auxiliary battery (Section 5.14).

6. Disconnect and remove the Real Time Clock (RTC) battery (Section
5.15).

7. Wait five minutes.

8. Reconnect the auxiliary battery.

9. Reconnect the RTC battery.

10. Install the keyboard/CPU cover assembly.

11. Reconnect the AC Adapter. Do not reinstall the battery pack yet.

12. Turn on the computer.

NOTE: Remember to set the date and time the next time the computer
is turned on.

Old January 20th 06, 01:29 AM
cen04543 cen04543 is offline
Junior Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewarkShark
I got a "good" deal on a Armada 1130T from the Goodwill, but there is a
power-on password that I cannot seem to get around. I have tried
removing CMOS and main batteries for extended periods, but that leads
me back to the password screen.

I can boot with a floppy to an A: prompt, but it seems that the KB is
disabled.

Is there anything someone with a modicum of savvy can do?

While I was in there, I took the HD out and looked around on it; the
previous owner wiped it clean before donating it.

I hate to toss the thing, but right now it is a paperweight.
How do you get to the cmos battery in the 7400? Thank You, from Ken Walker, have a great day.

Life expectancy Travis King Asus Motherboards 65 January 28th 05 09:37 PM
P5GD2 Deluxe Đavďd Asus Motherboards 11 January 14th 05 01:17 PM
GW Power Supply Feedback RDBrimmer Gateway Computers 0 October 20th 04 07:26 AM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 11:42 PM
Won't Power Up after Power Outage Greg Lovern Homebuilt PC's 7 February 8th 04 02:47 PM