compaq pressario 7360

Old January 20th 08, 10:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
linux_sieci

Default compaq pressario 7360

Hi

I have problem with my computer. I would like to install other operating
system than win98 se (on two cds with drivers ). How can I install SUSE on
txt mode? If i put DVD to my DVD drive i see black screen. I try to modify
my BIOS setup, but i can't change boot device (just floppy disk or HDD C: )
on CD-ROM.

My hardwa

processor: 500Mhz
RAM: 64MB (56MB)
Graphic card: 8MB
HDD: about 10GB

Ps. I hope that all understood me. I come from Poland and I don't speak
english very good. :P

Old January 22nd 08, 04:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"linux_sieci" wrote in message
Hi

I have problem with my computer. I would like to install other operating
system than win98 se (on two cds with drivers ). How can I install SUSE
on txt mode? If i put DVD to my DVD drive i see black screen. I try to
modify my BIOS setup, but i can't change boot device (just floppy disk
or HDD C: ) on CD-ROM.

My hardwa

processor: 500Mhz
RAM: 64MB (56MB)
Graphic card: 8MB
HDD: about 10GB

Ps. I hope that all understood me. I come from Poland and I don't speak
english very good. :P

You added the DVD drive? What model ?
Does the BIOS see the DVD AS a DVD ? or a cd ?
At www.hp.com if you look up your model number, is DVD supported for boot
?

Old January 24th 08, 09:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
marcinwazny.com.pl

Hi

Uzytkownik "- Bobb -" napisal w wiadomosci

"linux_sieci" wrote in message
Hi

I have problem with my computer. I would like to install other operating
system than win98 se (on two cds with drivers ). How can I install SUSE
on txt mode? If i put DVD to my DVD drive i see black screen. I try to
modify my BIOS setup, but i can't change boot device (just floppy disk or
HDD C: ) on CD-ROM.

My hardwa

processor: 500Mhz
RAM: 64MB (56MB)
Graphic card: 8MB
HDD: about 10GB

Ps. I hope that all understood me. I come from Poland and I don't speak
english very good. :P

You added the DVD drive? What model ?
Does the BIOS see the DVD AS a DVD ? or a cd ?

Model of this DVD is LITEON COMBO DRIVE
Yes, BIOS sees the DVD as DVD.

At www.hp.com if you look up your model number, is DVD supported for boot
?