What is hagaki paper?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 1st 10, 02:38 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Gernot Hassenpflug

Default What is hagaki paper?

"ArtieDeNYC" == ArtieDeNYC writes:

ArtieDeNYC Okay, I am using a Canon Pixma MP490. I had to print
ArtieDeNYC something on the back of my business cards. An alternet
ArtieDeNYC email address. I took a photo of my email address and
ArtieDeNYC cropped it. Then in Hagaki setting set it to the word
ArtieDeNYC Hagaki and printed the cards from last to first. In my
ArtieDeNYC opinion the word means card or heavy stock. It was a
ArtieDeNYC pain to do but it worked. I think the, last to first, is
ArtieDeNYC the key wording! Sizing and setting was the hardest. It
ArtieDeNYC worked for me!

Yes, hagaki is a generic postcard. There is also "inkjet hagaki" which
is much smoother cardstock and is I belive designed for photographic
quality postcard printing (new year cards and so forth). This is apart
from the photo postcard formats that also exist (but probably fall under
different media type as specified on the package reverse side, usually
given at a minimum for Epson or Canon printers).
--
Gernot Hassenpflug
Pentium DualCore E2180 2GHz, Asus P5, 4GiB RAM