Belkin return

Old March 6th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default Belkin return

steve wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:12:42 +0000, JoeJoe wrote:

I woke up yesterday morning to find that my (lifetime guaranteed...)
F5D7630-4A modem router has given up the ghost overnight - all the lights
are off and the power supply seem ok.

Never done it before, but how long does it take this people to issue one
with an RMA? I thoguth that it was just a matter of issuing you with a
tracking number or similar - 2 minutes in my books - well, a full working
day was not enought for them obviousely...

From my email logs, the reply to my RMA

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:27:09 +0100

"Thank you for contacting Belkin.
I can now confirm that I have placed a request for a replacement product to
be sent to you. The replacement unit will be dispatched once the faulty unit
is received from you, with the relevant Fast Track RMA number on the label.
*** Return Material Authorization Submission ****
9/25/2004

So RMA was raised on a Saturday, got the reply on the a week Monday,
so five full working days, the replacement was sent return of post though.

You're lucky!
They "lost" my faulty RMA bluetooth AP even though I sent it back
recorded ... and I never did get a replacement back. Luckily at the time
I did have a backup one off fleabay ... so bollox to B****n :0(
Old March 11th 06, 11:22 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Mike" wrote in message

"JoeJoe" wrote in message

"JoeJoe" wrote in message
I woke up yesterday morning to find that my (lifetime guaranteed...)
F5D7630-4A modem router has given up the ghost overnight - all the lights
are off and the power supply seem ok.

Never done it before, but how long does it take this people to issue one
with an RMA? I thoguth that it was just a matter of issuing you with a
tracking number or similar - 2 minutes in my books - well, a full
working day was not enought for them obviousely...

Quite p****d off as I need it for business.

PS: also, how long is the turnaround from now to havng a working device
in my hands again? If too long (weeks) then I will have to seriousely
consider buying a new one.

I think you should buy a replaeement immediately. Not exactly expensive.
You could be waiting days or weeks for a replacement.

Every Belkin Router I have installed has had to be sent back, I wouldn't
trust belkin to make anything except cables.
Lifetime warranty, well that's great, but for the fact the sealed ones they
replaced them with didn't work either.
The only good thing was you didn't have to send them to far to get them
changed over.

Sent a Linksys WAG54G back to the Netherlands, because it was crap on
signal, that cost me £10, however the one they replaced it with did work, so
take a chance on belkin, or save yourself the hassle and aggro and pay a
little more, because would you rather spend your time sorting out a failing
router or getting on with more rewarding stuff.

Thank You

David