775Dual-VSTA

Old December 14th 09, 07:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Gordon[_5_]

Default 775Dual-VSTA

Hi there from Scotland i have been chasing my tail trying to update
the bios the reason i want to update is i am running vista home
premium on this board

775Dual-VSTA 1.5gb DDR

I WANT TO UPGRADE THE RAM TO 4GB I HAVE ONLY MANAGED TO FLASH BIOS VIA
WINDOWS TO 3.10 using winflash 442 from within windows

if there is a way to update to your version 3.10a from within windows
i would much appreciate a guide

YOUR VERSION 3.10a and others dont seem to work with my system via dos
not a strong point with me

i have tried the dos route with no joy

any help much appreciated

HAVE INCLUDED A SNAP OF MY SYSTEM CON FIG BELOW

Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United Kingdom) Enclosure Type: Desktop
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded Board: 775Dual-VSTA
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. P3.10 02/26/2008
Drives Memory Modules c,d
250.06 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
158.61 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

DVDRW IDE 16X ATA Device [CD-ROM drive]
SanDisk Cruzer USB Device [CD-ROM drive]
3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device (8.04 GB) -- drive 2, s/n u, SMART
SanDisk Cruzer USB Device (8.03 GB) -- drive 1, s/n u, SMART Status:
Healthy
WDC WD25 00KS-00MJB0 SCSI Disk Device (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n VIA
XADJOEQYROYXHO, SMART Status: Healthy 1536 Megabytes Usable
Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 1024 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' has 512 MB
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 250.06 GB 158.61 GB free
Network Drives
None detected

Old December 14th 09, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Wes Newell[_2_]

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:51:10 -0800, Gordon wrote:

Hi there from Scotland i have been chasing my tail trying to update the
bios the reason i want to update is i am running vista home premium on
this board

775Dual-VSTA 1.5gb DDR

I WANT TO UPGRADE THE RAM TO 4GB I HAVE ONLY MANAGED TO FLASH BIOS VIA
WINDOWS TO 3.10 using winflash 442 from within windows

if there is a way to update to your version 3.10a from within windows i
would much appreciate a guide

YOUR VERSION 3.10a and others dont seem to work with my system via dos
not a strong point with me

i have tried the dos route with no joy

any help much appreciated

IIRC Windows 3.10 is DOS based, so if it runs, so will dos 6.22, or
freedos. If you have a floppy drive create a boot disk and use that. If
not, you can create a freedos boot cd. That's what I use to upgrade my
machines without floppies.