My PC refuses to break down..and keeps working

Old September 13th 06, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
bgd

Default My PC refuses to break down..and keeps working

I know this is a serious problem. I have never gone more than a couple of
weeks without at least one chore to keep it going.
there is definately something wrong . 7 months no maintenance. I think I
recall a couple of defrags...
To really add to my frustration....
I am only running three fans with ductwork for my mega-hot 2.8e cpu and my
vga only has a heatsink for my Half life 2 pleasure.
I don't know how I can keep editing my home digital stuff and not hurt
something. Why any of my 120000 files have not defragged is really starting
to anger me.Then to really strain my neck... I have to search for the power
light on my box, to know this silent beast is even running as I sit right
next to it. I'm flipping out, I am ready for a nuthouse.

Old September 13th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

"bgd" wrote in message
[...]

Welcome to Bellview....

Old September 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Heres where you went wrong and suggestions in how to get to a higher
fustration level:

"bgd" wrote in message
I know this is a serious problem. I have never gone more than a couple

of
weeks without at least one chore to keep it going.
there is definately something wrong . 7 months no maintenance. I think I
recall a couple of defrags...
To really add to my frustration....
I am only running three fans with ductwork

obviuosly this is a reciept for success, get rid of those and put the thing
into one of those desks with a
' hole and no air outlet' for the tower, You know the ones they call
'computer desks'.

for my mega-hot 2.8e cpu

switch to AMD

and my
vga only has a heatsink for my Half life 2 pleasure.

get a nvidia with any of its fan coolers

I don't know how I can keep editing my home digital stuff and not hurt
something.

use MS movie maker

Why any of my 120000 files have not defragged is really starting
to anger me.

triple that file number and use the root of your 'under sized' boot
partition for video rendering space

Then to really strain my neck... I have to search for the power
light on my box,

solder in some kind of flashing neon tubes one for hd activity and one for
power , hook em up to the 5volt rail instead of the 12

to know this silent beast is even running as I sit right
next to it.

this is easy....get an antech 'quiet power' (raising eyes)

I'm flipping out, I am ready for a nuthouse.

aren't we all?

Old September 14th 06, 02:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
bgd

I just had to say something......
My first 2500 dollar pc died in 2 months, visegrips and duct tape out, even
a hack saw. (Thanks Compaq- So YOU remember 1998?)
The rest have been failure after failure after failure...including some
outrageous AMD. They kinda remind me of a HEMI Dodge when fuel prices are
climbing.. but anyway...
Now I've got a cpu with bad reviews like: its too hot, not enough speed, too
slow...(2.8e HT intel)
and I am outrunning and performing everything I have had since a microATX
with a 2.26 intel (another "too slow")
Go Figure.
I'll just dust off my antique ANTEC 2600, and build another out of "bad
review".-when the time comes.
I am flipping out. I think I need a nuthouse.

"Irwin Peckinloomer" wrote in message
.. .
In article XBTNg.6758$wj2.5181@trndny06, says...
[...]

Obviously.

Old October 10th 06, 12:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mitochondrion

well if problems are what you need then you bought the right chip
INTEL....LOL